Work at the forefront of automotive innovation with ZF,
one of the world’s leading automotive suppliers.
Resident Engineer (Design Release at GM Warren/Milford)
Req ID 23991 | Livonia Tech II, United States
We are looking for a new colleague in the GM Customer Applications Department at the GM Warren Technical Center in Warren, Michigan.
- Provide GM vehicle build, bench build, testing sites and assembly plant in person support.
- Test data files utilizing both GM and ZF bench setups located at various locations.
- Resolve issues on assigned VTS (Vehicle Technical Specifications) or SSTS (Sub System Technical Specifications) sections.
- Assist with the resolution of system issues and determine the root cause and resolution to verification and test incidents.
- Assist with the failure mode and effect analysis process.
- Maintain an awareness of GM programs and vehicle systems
- Assist with the definition and interpretation of requirements.
- Recommend additional testing and development as required.
- Represent GM’s position when communicating with ZF, represent ZF’s position when communicating with GM.
- Execute release process in GM system including the responsibility to initiate appropriate documentation, process GM system work orders, update Sharepoint (data storage), PPAP documentation, validation, etc.
- Release data files within GM system.
- Coordinate and support communication meetings between GM and ZF.
- Work in partnership with GM and ZF team to provide/deliver necessary modules for testing and/or test result analysis.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required.
- Preferred minimum of 2 years related experience.
- Preferred, experience with data collection tools (i.e. CAN tools, data collection analysis).
- Good written and oral communication skills – must be able to clearly and concisely communicate technical information.
- Ability and ambition to work under pressure, meet schedules, and maintain a high level of output and flexibility.
- Ability to travel, as required, to GM and ZF business locations.
Be part of our ZF team as Resident Engineer (Design Release at GM Warren/Milford) and apply now!
DIVERSITY COMMITMENTTo harness the power of innovation, we invest in the development of diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to our company.Our company is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with us and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please contact us. Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.ZF is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran
Our Commitment to Diversity
ZF is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Livonia
Nearest Secondary Market: Detroit
Job Segment: Resident Engineer, Engineer, Design Engineer, Developer, Engineering, Technology, Research