NESCO Resource has an excellent new opportunity for an Electromechanical Service Technician for our rapidly growing client! The Service Technician will handle preventative maintenance and breakdowns for electric lift trucks at a particular client site. This is a permanent opportunity!
The Field Service Technician will support fuel cell products currently installed in electric lift trucks, including performing preventative maintenance and resolving breakdowns. This person will be responsible for the installation and servicing of fuel cells at a specific location. This person will also be responsible for reporting breakdown events, parts ordering and maintenance of fuel cells at a specific location. This position presents a great amount of exposure to customer personnel and electric lift truck operators, and thus requires a person with excellent technical skills as well as communication, interpersonal and motivational skills.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintenance and service of fuel cells at customer sites.
- Performing diagnostics, troubleshooting, and evaluations to maintain the fleet at a specific location.
- Performing specialized service procedures, including field retrofits and software and hardware upgrades to existing fuel cells.
- Providing emergency support service to customers as required.
- Purchasing tools, equipment, and parts for customer service and support as required.
- May require troubleshooting and maintenance of high-pressure hydrogen storage, delivery and fueling systems.
- May include maintaining ongoing communication with customer personnel hydrogen suppliers regarding aftermarket support of fuel cells.
- Providing regular feedback to regional service representatives regarding fuel cell performance and field maintenance issues.
- Completing administrative duties & documentation, including: incident reports, service logs, inventory maintenance and site and system documentation.
- Exhibiting and enforcing safety procedures in the field or customer sites.
- Travel as required for business needs; expected to drive safely and to adhere to all traffic laws
- Represent company in a professional manner at all times and in all interactions
Education and Experience
- Minimum HS Diploma or equivalent with technical electrical coursework
- Three (3) or more years of direct experience in mechanical and electrical troubleshooting
- Formal training and education may be also considered in lieu of direct experience
- Must possess a valid driver license, a clean driving record, and the ability to safely operate a motor vehicle
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds on regular basis unassisted
- Knowledge of lift truck operation and applications is highly preferred
- General mechanical aptitude is required
- Computer and software systems skills as applicable to position including but not limited to: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Dynamic interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with diverse audiences and stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Creativity in solving technical problems
- Ability to work independently
- Uncompromising dedication to quality
- Exceptional time management skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Punctual and reliable
- Technician must provide own standard set of tools ? specific fuel cell tools to be provided by Company
Candidates must be open to shift, overtime, weekends and holidays.