Project / Program Manager
As the project/program manager, your job is to plan, budget, oversee, drive execution and document all aspects of IC development projects. While there are many functional groups that own and deliver significant portions towards the development of ON's products, the PM is the central contact for new product development that the organization looks to for driving accountability and results. Follows common new product development process flows and actively works on improving process flows to reduce time or improve quality. PM will collect key data and promptly communicate project status and highlight to management and team when project objectives are not being met. PM will work within a team environment and includes outside service groups. Position requires managing performance in a dynamic environment, being flexible and having a "get the job done" attitude. Driving a consistent development process, espousing team results and collaboration are keys to success
- Leading throughout the product development process: feasibility, planning, design, product validation, qualification, sampling, and ramp - working in partnership with the technical leads from product design and product engineering, and with the business unit.
- Developing and maintaining detailed project schedules, identifying and addressing gaps, and proactively assessing and mitigating risk throughout the execution.
- Driving regular and special cross-functional team meetings as needed.
- Periodically and upon request, present product plans and status to executive management, appropriately framing status, issues, and options.
- Contributing to continuous improvement of the new product development process.
- Analysis of trends and check lists to determine health of projects. Ability to view data and determine where to focus and ask for assistance in removing road blocks.
- BS EE/ME/Physics (or equivalent) with 10 years of Project Management experience
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills
- First-hand knowledge of semiconductor manufacturing processes (design, fab, assembly, test, reliability).
- Strong understanding of project management methodologies, tools, and systems.
- Semiconductor product/platform/technology development process experience.
- Strong proficiency in applying process, factory, and product qualification requirements.
- Proficient with Microsoft Project or equivalent, web based bug tracking system (JIRA / JAMA), product definition and validation is very helpful
- Experience in Critical Chain Project Management
- Technical experience with advanced semiconductor packaging technologies (MCMs, chip stacking)
ON Semiconductor (Nasdaq: ON) is driving energy efficient innovations, empowering customers to reduce global energy use. The company is a leading supplier of semiconductor-based solutions, offering a comprehensive portfolio of energy efficient power and signal management, logic, standard and custom devices. The company's products help engineers solve their unique design challenges in automotive, communications, computing, consumer, industrial, medical and military/aerospace applications. ON Semiconductor operates a responsive, reliable, world-class supply chain and quality program, and a network of manufacturing facilities, sales offices and design centers in key markets throughout North America, Europe and the Asia Pacific regions
ON Semiconductor is an equal opportunity employer. The Company maintains policies and practices that are designed to prevent discrimination or harassment against any qualified applicant or employee to the extent prohibited by federal, state and local laws and regulations. By way of example, discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), age, marital status, sexual orientation physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information (including test results), status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, uniform service member status, political affiliation, union membership, gender identity or gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law is prohibited.