ON Semiconductors Mobile Point of Load group is hiring a Member of Technical Staff IC design engineer with direct experience in high current DCDC converters and power switch circuits used in central office and other applications. The chosen candidate will design complex integrated circuits that include digital, mixed signal, and analog circuits. The chosen candidate will have proven capability in designing analog blocks with CMOS, BICMOS, and BCD technologies for use in switching regulator systems and other power management functions. A deep understanding of analog design techniques in .18u and below IC process technologies is required. An understanding of packaging technologies and layout tradeoffs are also required. The candidate must be able to work effectively in a small team environment. Must have a working knowledge of Mixed-Signal Cadence tools and parasitic parameter extraction. Analytical approach to problem solving is highly required. These are leading edge power technology products and provide challenging learning opportunities.
- Definition, modeling, design, and verification of highly integrated power-management ICs such as dc-dc converters, LED drivers, linear regulators, and other types of analog/mixed-signal ASICs. Ability to work at any level of the design is absolutely essential.
- Implement full-featured behavioral models of complex analog/mixed-signal ICs.
- Interface with test, product, and applications engineering to drive the design to a successful production release.
- Provide senior technical leadership including IC specification, project planning, design team management, and layout supervision
- Close collaboration with system architects and product definers.
- 10+ years of analog, mixed-signal IC design experience encompassing diverse areas such as:
- dc-dc conversion
- continuous and discrete-time analog integrated filters
- Detailed knowledge of power conversion architectures and analytical methods.
- Proven track record of technical leadership including multiple products taken from specification through design, release, volume manufacturing, and field support.
- System modeling skills in SIMPLIS or Matlab highly desirable.
- CAD tools:
- Must be familiar with Cadence Virtuoso CAD tool suite: schematic, layout, simulation and verification.
- Must be experienced with top-down analog behavioral modeling methodology including fluent use of Verilog-A/AMS as appropriate.
- Skill in design automation tools and scripting environments is essential.
- Familiarity with Verilog and digital design and verification is a plus.
- MS/PhD with 10+ years of analog mixed-signal design experience preferably in the power-management application area.
ON Semiconductor (Nasdaq: ON) is driving energy efficient innovations, empowering customers to reduce global energy use. The company is a leading supplier of semiconductor-based solutions, offering a comprehensive portfolio of energy efficient power and signal management, logic, standard and custom devices. The company's products help engineers solve their unique design challenges in automotive, communications, computing, consumer, industrial, medical and military/aerospace applications. ON Semiconductor operates a responsive, reliable, world-class supply chain and quality program, and a network of manufacturing facilities, sales offices and design centers in key markets throughout North America, Europe and the Asia Pacific regions
ON Semiconductor is an equal opportunity employer. The Company maintains policies and practices that are designed to prevent discrimination or harassment against any qualified applicant or employee to the extent prohibited by federal, state and local laws and regulations. By way of example, discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), age, marital status, sexual orientation physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information (including test results), status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, uniform service member status, political affiliation, union membership, gender identity or gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law is prohibited.