The Corporate Controller's Department is responsible for all financial accounting and reporting for the Charles Schwab Corporation and subsidiaries. In collaboration with our business partners, we provide comprehensive financial information to our various constituencies including shareholders, management, regulatory and tax authorities. We play an important role advising our business partners on accounting and reporting implications of proposed business transactions, developments in GAAP, and applicable regulatory reporting regimes in which the firm operates.
The Accounting Manager will participate in the monthly close and reporting process. Key responsibilities include monthly reporting for internal business partners and schedules used in quarterly external regulatory filings. This position will report directly to the Director of Accounting.
What you are good at
Prepares and records monthly and quarterly journal entries
- Reconciles balance sheet accounts and prepares related documentation and support
- Reviews financial documents and data and prepares variances analysis on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Prepares monthly reporting for internal business partners and schedules used in quarterly external regulatory filings
- Executes and understands internal controls to ensure a SOX compliant control environment
- Work closely with business partners throughout the organization to ensure timely and accurate recording of business transactions
- Identify and execute on process improvements
- Analyze large sets of data and files involving general ledger, sub-ledger, and project activity
- Complete special projects and ad-hoc requests
- Build and maintain cross-functional relationships
- Provides support to internal business partners, internal and external auditors, and regulators
What you have
5+ years of experience related to accounting and month-end close functions in medium to large companies.
- Familiar with the capabilities of large-company enterprise reporting systems. PeopleSoft Financial experience a plus
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and/or additional financial reporting systems a plus
- Articulates views in a clear and concise manner. Describes sophisticated technical issues in a way that non-experts can understand
- Exceptional at building internal and cross-functional relationships
- Strong attention to detail
- Constructively challenges existing processes with the aim of improving processes and controls to promote scalability
- Proactive, results-oriented operating style
- Ability to quickly analyze data, respond to changing demands, and present alternative solutions that are in the best interest of business partners while remaining aligned with accounting policies and GAAP
- Ability to effectively document financial results, workpapers, testing results and conclusions in an effective, efficient manner
- Certified public accountant, preferred
- Public-company or internal audit experience preferred
- Financial services industry experience a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
Target Total Compensation - 69,600 - 120,600.
Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience - talk with your recruiter to learn more.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.