ABOUT THE COMPANY:
We bring together partners to take on the toughest challenges facing our communities, develop and launch innovative programs that benefit our region, and connect generous people with the causes they care about
Develop, retain, and significantly grow the level of financial support and commitment to United Way of Central Maryland from assigned workplace giving accounts. Maintain and continuously develop relationships with key constituents at various levels within assigned accounts. Identify viable opportunities for additional involvement with UWCM. Work closely with accounts to plan, organize and implement campaign and other United Way activities to ensure a successful, strong, and sustained United Way commitment. Participate in leadership donor and new business acquisition. Manage special projects as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Account Management (50%)
o Manage assigned accounts to implement workplace giving campaigns and best practices, to develop stronger United Way (UW) relationships, commitment, and campaign support.
o Maintain current and accurate information in UWCM’s database and CRM tools (Community Connect) on all prospects and assigned accounts.
o Provide outstanding customer service to Community Impact Leaders (CILs), keep abreast of economic development within community of key accounts and ensure data accuracy for comparison and analysis.
o Assess and submit account revenue projections and background detail per set reporting timeline.
· Relationship Management (40%)
- Maintain consistent account contact and creatively explore and introduce additional UW opportunities, as appropriate (i.e. volunteerism, membership groups, sponsorships, etc.).
- Identify, cultivate, and solicit individual donors and prospects at the leadership level.
- Assist in growing membership and financial support in UWCM's Membership groups.
- Assist in recruitment and management of assigned account CILs, top-level executives and volunteers, and volunteer leaders as members of various campaign-related committees.
- Participate in new business prospect identification, cultivation, and solicitation.
· Internal Development (10%)
- Be responsible for Development special assignments and serve on/support project teams from inception to completion. This includes program development, participating in team meetings, handling assigned logistics, meeting deadlines, and assisting in evaluating outcomes.
- Provide a cooperative spirit and helpful willingness with coworkers and other partners.
- Be actively involved in strengthening and improving Development through team building and providing proactive ideas and solutions.
- As resources permit, assume accountability for cross-functional assignments and share learning experiences with the Development team.
· Achieve established financial goals for assigned accounts, and new/renewed leadership donors, account retention and new business development.
· Achieve annual goals for number of donor or prospect calls/visits.
· Expand Leadership Giving within assigned portfolio.
· Develop and implement campaign engagement and revenue plans for the top 10 accounts within assigned portfolio.
· Implement donor recognition/appreciation/incentive programs within assigned portfolio.
· Support Marketing in implementation of year-round communications with donors.
· Represent UWCM and cultivate relationships with CEOs and organizational contacts of assigned accounts and provide quality customer service.
· Monitor campaign progress, prepare reports, analyze/interpret data, suggest strategy changes and develop recovery plans.
· Conduct annual audit of accounts within assigned portfolio.
· Maintain current and accurate information in Community Connect database on all assigned accounts.
· Actively engage in business networking opportunities.
· Internally with all departments and level of staff within UWCM
· Externally with donors, staff members of profit and nonprofit businesses and government agencies, the general public, community leaders, educators, elected officials and media representatives.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s degree and two (2) years related experience required.
· Proven fundraising, business-to-business sales or business development experience (prior UW experience is a plus).
SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Ability to work independently with high degree of self-motivation and initiative.
· Understanding of the UWCM mission, vision, services, and structure.
· Ability to effectively represent UW within the community.
· Superb organizational and interpersonal skills (i.e. customer service, relationship, and team building).
· Excellent verbal/written communication skills – must be comfortable speaking to groups both large and small.
· Effective time management is essential along with the ability to multi-task.
· Ability to collaborate effectively as part of a team within the department and across the organization.
· Adaptability and openness to alternative solutions and flexibility when interacting with others.
· Professionalism and ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, integrity, and ethics.
· Knowledge of the Central Maryland area with strong network of relationships is helpful, and an understanding of, and the need for, commitment to community improvement is a must.
· Business analytics, strategic thinking, and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to follow through.
· Volunteer management skills (recruit, interact, and effectively support top level executives and business leaders).
· Proficient in MS Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
· Occasionally lifting weights of over 25 lbs. are required.
· Must have a valid driver’s license, clean driving record, and reliable transportation.
This position requires the ability to drive to off-site locations, walking, standing, and speaking in front of groups.