The Customer Service Specialist will provide customer support to YRC customers. Serve customers in a courteous, efficient, and timely manner. Receive customer service telephone calls and answers customer questions to resolve customer issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receive and process customer orders, inquiries and/or complaints covering services provided.
- Require analysis, judgment and sensitivity to customer needs.
- Provide appropriate price quotes that fit the customer request.
- Provide pricing, availability and schedule information.
- Research and obtain resolution of a variety of customer complaints and issues.
- Complete customer service calls in a timely and efficient manner.
- Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment (e.g., people, processes, structure, or culture); adjusting effectively to change by exploring the benefits, trying new approaches, and collaborating with others to make the change successful.
- Building Trusting Relationships - Using appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interacting with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions.
- Collaborating - Working cooperatively with others to help a team or work group achieve its goals.
- Communication - Conveying information and ideas clearly and concisely to individuals or groups in an engaging manner that help them understand and retain the message; listening actively to others.
- Continuous Learning - Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application.
- Initiating Action - Taking prompt action to accomplish work goals; taking action to achieve results beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Work Standards - Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- High school diploma.
- Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience using MS Office applications (Word, Outlook, and Excel).
- Experience in the transportation industry, billing, collections, or customer service.
- Some college.
This job operates in a professional office environment indoors. Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and phones.
The position requires the ability to spend long hours sitting or standing while using office equipment and computers. Ability to perform repetitive tasks such as typing and keying. Occasional lifting, pushing/pulling, carrying 10 lbs of supplies and materials is required.
YRC Worldwide, along with all subsidiary companies, are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer