Performs general accounting tasks such as examining financial statements for completeness, internal accuracy, and conformance with uniform accounting classifications, or other specific accounting requirements, reconciling reports and financial data with financial statements already on file and pointing out apparent inconsistencies or errors.
- Perform assigned general ledger reconciliations, analyze and research outstanding items.
- Assist with the financial close process, including preparing and recording journal entries for assigned entity/entities.
- Assist with monthly financial statement variance analysis for assigned entity/entities.
- Review and ensure compliance with applicable internal controls.
- Work with various areas within the organization to ensure transactions are reflected accurately and timely.
- Assist with research of technical issues.
- Stay up to date with current trends in accounting and financial software.
- Ensures accounting procedures are within Battelle guidelines, federal, state, local laws, and acceptable accounting standards.
- Prepares and submits government and internal reports in accordance with varying agency regulations (GAAP and/or FAR).
THE FOLLOWING IS REQUIRED
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance; two years of experience; or an equivalent combination of education and or experience in a related field.
- Understanding of fundamental accounting rules and procedures.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Excel and spreadsheets.
- Willingness to learn and be flexible.
- Must be US Citizen.
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED
- Experience with software and data entry; specifically, SQL Server and Essbase.
- Familiarity with Deltek Costpoint is a plus.