|JOB TITLE:||AP/Shipping Clerk||JOB LOCATION:||Cordova, AK|
|STATUS:||Seasonal / Non-exempt||REPORTS TO:||Office Manager|
Provide Account Payable and Shipping administrative support to OBI Seafoods Cordova, AK office. This is a seasonal/hourly position that will span approximately April through September.
- Generate open Purchase Orders and key into NorthScope (accounting software).
- Verifying, entering, and coding incoming AP invoices
- Key invoices into the NorthScope system.
- Maintenance and balancing of vendor statements, notifying the Office Manager of potential Accounts Payable discrepancies.
- Review open Purchase Orders with Office Manager to ensure payment.
- Local sales:
- Generating invoices for local sales
- Entering local sales into NorthScope
- Bill of Ladings.
- Assist Shipping Manager with other clerical duties.
- Greet employees, fishermen, tendermen and others when they arrive to the office.
- Ensure all records and supporting data is filed accurately and regularly for easy reference.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 1 to 2 years of previous experience in the Alaska Seafood industry, preferably with Salmon.
- Minimum of 1-year experience in an office environment.
- Professional & friendly demeanor is a must.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Numerical aptitude, including 10 key by touch.
- Ability to work efficiently in fast past environment with little direct supervision.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills required.
- Computer experience, including Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Must have the ability to work well under pressure, 12 or more hours per day, 7 days per week.
- Must be willing and able to work with other departments in a team atmosphere.
- Must be willing and able to live and work in confined quarters in a multi-cultural environment.
- An enthusiasm to assist in other tasks and grow with the facility.
- Capable of working outdoors in Alaskan field conditions as needed.
- Must be able to work well with fellow employees and cooperate with other departments.
- Prompt and reliable attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Pay rate depends on experience. This is an hourly position that is eligible for overtime pay. In Alaska, overtime is one and one-half times the regular hourly rate and is paid for hours worked over 8 hours in a day and after 40 hours are worked in a week.
- Room and Board Included.
- Excellent benefits available, including medical, dental, prescription, vision plans, and 401(k) retirement plan.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
Work involves daily exposure to unusual elements such as dirt, dust, fumes,extreme temperatures, humidity, darkness, and/or noise.
Work environment involves daily exposure to physical risks, such as working aroundmechanical, chemical, and electrical hazards.
Position requires the ability to stand,sit at a desk,walking around office andplant,lifting,and carrying packages up to 50 pounds,utilizing fine dexterity. Requiresreaching,kneeling,crawling,and twisting to inspect equipment. Also requires the ability to see,hear,and communicate with associates as well as others by utilizing professionaletiquette.
Personal protective equipment, as defined by OBI Seafoods, will beprovided.
Position will be exposed to different levels of stress and responsibilities.
Will demonstrate,promote,and exemplify the Companys Core Values in People,Quality and Growth.
This job description in no way implies that the duties listed here are the only ones the employee can be required to perform. The employee is expected to perform other tasks, duties, and training as assigned.
OBI Seafoods is an equal opportunity employer and provides for the recruitment, hiring, and promotion of women, handicapped persons, Disabled, Veterans, and members of all ethnic minority groups in all areas of work.
OBI Seafoods is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/AA M/F/VETS/DISABILITY