- You'll be the main point of contact for all community-related questions and escalations
- You'll handle inbound inquiries from our Elite community users, Community Managers, PR, Legal and User Operations and resolve those issues over email, phone and/or video-conferencing
- You'll create new or edit existing messaging for outgoing emails to our users that is tailored to each unique issue at hand
- You'll craft messaging that is appropriate for internal and external communication tailored to end user/audience
- You'll work cross-functionally with other departments at Yelp such as Product, Legal, PR, Marketing and Community Management
- You'll ensure contact information and changes to personnel on Community team are recorded and up to date
- You'll conduct quarterly trainings for new hires in Community Management
- You'll resolve all types of cases & inquiries with attention to detail and positive attitude
- You'll optimize workflow by identifying and flagging case trends with management
- You'll work on additional project help as needed
- You have 1 year of work experience or other related experience preferred
- You have basic knowledge of Yelp (knowledge of Yelp Products and Product flows a plus)
- You have a diplomatic and clear communication style - writing well and knowing your audience should be no brainers
- You have a strong attention to detail, positive attitude and commitment to quality user experience
- You have solid computer skills
- Effective your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental (100% paid employee only coverage)
- 15 days PTO (accrual begins on date of hire and increases with 2+ years of tenure thereafter), 12 paid holidays, plus one floating holiday
- Up to 14 weeks of parental leave
- Monthly wellness subsidy
- Flexible spending account
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Employee stock purchase plan
Yelp’s User Operations department is looking for a self-motivated, positive-thinking, and detail-oriented individual to join our team as a Support Associate.
This position is 100% remote and provides email-based support to Yelp’s community of users and business owners, in addition to working cross-functionally to support our internal teams.
The Support group receives a myriad of inquiries ranging from account access help, assisting with claiming business pages, processing transaction refunds, bug/usability vetting and everything in between. Each and every case is different and presents a unique opportunity to be a problem solver. No matter the case type or concern, we’re advocates for our user community and ready to research and effectively resolve all Yelp community issues at hand. As Yelp relies on our awesome community of users and business owners to thrive and succeed, our #1 goal is to ensure that our user experience is top-rated.
The primary responsibility of this role is to own and manage the escalation channel from internal and external reports of community abuse, and advise on best practices for navigating sensitive disputes. You’ll be required to do extensive research on a given case and craft solutions that keep our community’s best interests at heart while upholding Yelp’s Terms of Service. You must be ready to take on a new and different challenge everyday - no two days are alike.
This is a very involved role requiring a high demand of attention to detail, understanding your audience and interacting with all members of the organization. You’ll be required to skillfully de-escalate situations, clearly communicate decision making through appropriate channels and create action plans to solve policy/process hurdles as they come up.
Where You Come In:
What it Takes to Succeed:
What You'll Get:
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.