ILC Dover is a world leader in the innovative design and production of engineered products employing high-performance flexible materials. Since 1947, we have provided engineered solutions to complex customer problems. Initially known for the production of space suits for NASA, we leverage our vast materials, engineering, process, and design experience to create high performance systems for a wide range of industries. ILC Dover is a portfolio company of New Mountain Capital, which acquired the company in February 2020.
Recognized globally for our flexible containment solutions, ILC Dover serves customers in a diverse range of industries, including pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical manufacturing, personal care, food and beverage, chemical, aerospace, healthcare and government agencies. ILC Dover’s visionary solutions improve efficiency, safeguard workers and product, and prevent disasters. For more information visit ILCDover.com and follow us on LinkedIn.
The Regional Human Resources Director will provide overall human resources leadership and generalist support across ILC Dover’s sites in the United States, including the Frederica, DE-based manufacturing plant, and the Houston, TX-based Space Systems Division. Additionally, the successful candidate will serve as the HR Business Partner for ILC Dover’s Space Systems Division, driving the organization’s financial success by closely partnering with P&L Leadership on HR strategy and initiatives.
The candidate must be an expert at forming strong relationships with both internal leaders and external candidates in diverse markets throughout the United States. This role will provide a broad range of strategic HR support in order to achieve the ILC Dover’s financial objectives, including talent acquisition, organizational design, talent management, total rewards, and employee relations. Particularly key to this role will be the ability to identify strong external candidate slates from a broad array of diverse industries in order to aid and accelerate ILC Dover’s aggressive financial and growth objectives over the next 3-5 years.
- Building the Business Unit’s organizational capability through organization assessment, development of talent pipeline, and management of strategic staffing initiatives
- Develop and execute a robust talent acquisition strategy to bring in extraordinary external talent, including the recruiting & onboarding process
- Ensure a competitive Total Rewards offering
- Maintain positive employee relations and develop employee engagement and involvement, including executing preventative labor relations strategy
- Develop and lead organization design initiatives in order to drive organization effectiveness
- Helps develop employees' competencies and capabilities through effective learning & development initiatives
- Lead the Regional performance review and compensation planning process
- Work with local management and ILC senior leadership to develop compensation strategies consistent with revenue objectives and local practices
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Industrial/Labor Relations, Business, or related Field; Master’s degree or JD strongly preferred
- At least 5 years’ experience in a HR Generalist role with a focus on Employee/Labor Relations, as well as experience in Benefits, Organizational Development, and Compensation
- Prior HR experience in a manufacturing environment
- Prior M&A experience strongly preferred
Additional Skill Requirements:
- Strong bias for action and keen sense of urgency
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate organizational change and to foster linkage between business objectives and human resources activities
- Demonstrated ability to take calculated and intelligent risks using creative/innovative thinking
- Ability to coach and provide feedback to leaders at all levels
- Flexible and adaptable to demanding and fast-paced work environment
- Ability to travel occasionally (10-15%) in order to meet with internal partners and external candidates
We offer competitive benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, 401(k), PTO, and more.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, ILC Dover is committed to a diverse workforce.
Background Check & Drug Screening Required
EOE/AA Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran