Westminster College of the Arts (WCA) of Rider University seeks an Assistant Director of Performance Management. This is a full-time, 12-month, non-bargaining administrative position that reports to the Director of Performance Management.
Performance Management is responsible for the entire performance dimension of the WCA, comprising the School of Fine and Performing Arts, Westminster Choir College, Westminster Conservatory, and Westminster Continuing Education. The successful candidate will have experience with box office, business, calendar, and planning operations.
The Westminster College of the Arts enrolls 500+ students in undergraduate and graduate programs, and nearly 2000 community members are enrolled in Conservatory programs. Annually, the WCA produces over 200 events, and is one of the most visible operations at Rider University. To learn more about WCA, please visit
Working with the Director and other administrative staff, the Assistant Director plays a vital role in scheduling, ticket sales, and integrating the performance calendar with other University offices in order to promote and increase international visibility and branding for the College. Positive and professional events and communication ensure strong relationships with all constituencies.
The successful candidate will assist in management and production of college initiatives/events, and will supervise the Administrative Specialist. Some evening and weekend hours will be required.
- Assist Director to implement policies for scheduling, box office, and marketing activities. WCA liaison to Auxiliary Services. Liaison to Marketing Office regarding performance and event promotion and support.
- Supervise creation and maintenance of WCA performance and academic calendars. Integrate calendar and business operations with other appropriate offices. Coordinate information for public relations with Director, Marketing, and academic departments.
- Utilizing approved software and/or external vendors, supervise sales and tracking of tickets and related business operations activities.
- Supervise box office operation for on- and off-campus events.
- Coordinate with Production Coordinator to execute logistics and contracts for all WCA off- campus events.
- Represent and help to market WCA to the internal and external communities.
- Recruit, hire, and oversee training of graduate assistants and student workers.
- Other duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in an arts discipline or arts administration.
- Evidence of business operation, scheduling, and production experience.
- Minimum of (2) years’ experience in a related position.
- Familiarity with scheduling processes and software.
- Ability to use MS Office and related software to produce reports and correspondence.
- Experience supervising staff.
- Work independently and as part of various teams
- Effectively manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Pay attention to detail and use excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Exhibit calmness and flexibility
- Demonstrate strong professional verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Experience working in a higher-education setting.
- Demonstrated success managing a complex scheduling and ticketing operation.
- The ability to work in both Macintosh and PC-based platforms is desired, as is familiarity with 25Live, Canvas, Banner or other educational scheduling and computer software.
The Rider University community is composed of faculty, staff and students from a wide range of cultural backgrounds. Candidates with a demonstrated commitment supportive of the multicultural needs of Rider University and the surrounding community are highly desired.
Rider University has been included as one of the nation’s best universities by US News & World Report and remained in the top tier in the Regional Universities – North category. Additionally, The Princeton Review named Rider among its “Best 386 Colleges” in the nation. Both publications have ranked the University favorably in their respective surveys for more than a decade
Rider University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer dedicated to excellence through diversity.