Fujitsu at a Glance
Fujitsu is a leading information and communication technology (ICT) company, headquartered in Japan, offering a full range of technology products, solutions, and services. Approximately 132,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our customers.
We are a corporate culture that places great value on the pursuit of new possibilities previously unimagined and brings them to fruition has been the foundation of the Fujitsu’s success since its inception. In an increasingly competitive world, in which the pace of change continues to accelerate, Fujitsu must strive for continuous innovation. Each and every employee will rise to the challenge of creating new value amid changes in the management environment, technology, society and the marketplace. With a spirit of challenge, we are committed to the continuous creation of new value. Fujitsu wants innovators like you!
FUJITSU GLOVIA, Inc. offers discrete manufacturing ERP software and solutions. Fujitsu Glovia’s mission is to help our customers take advantage of all the opportunities of the digital age. The focus on Industry 4.0 means more social and technical collaboration in which innovative ideas, business models, products and services come from a broad ecosystem of partners, who proactively work towards an exchange of knowledge, insights, ideas and skills for established and new enterprises. We strive to enable small to large manufacturing companies, assembly operations and mixed-mode businesses to meet customers’ ever-increasing requirements for high-quality, on-time and on-budget production.
The company’s GLOVIA G2, GLOVIA OM and FUJITSU Cloud ERP manufacturing ERP solutions provide powerful enterprise resource planning, oversight and control of the entire production and business management process.
While GLOVIA G2 focuses on LEAN manufacturing, product development, supply chain, operational control, delivery and customer retention, GLOVIA OM focuses on supply chain management, order management, inventory management and service management. FUJITSU Cloud ERP helps organizations optimize and transform business processes – from sales to fulfillment – with unmatched transparency and efficiency.
Available as an on-premise or cloud-based manufacturing ERP software, GLOVIA G2 offers an innovative, highly visual user interface with universal use on any desktop or mobile device. GLOVIA G2 manufacturing ERP software is ideal for a wide variety of suppliers, including:
- Aerospace & Defense
- Capital equipment
- Made-to-Order, Configure-to-Order
- High-Volume Manufacturing
Company headquarters are in El Segundo, CA.
Position/Business Title: (Junior) System Support Analyst
*Final business title depends on the candidate selected for the position.
Position Overview: (In paragraph form, detail as much about the job as possible; try to include 4 to 9 listed bullet points)
- Give a short description of your job opening
Provide first level system/ business technical support to Glovia customers using Glovia products, third party products, and related services as required. Preferred work schedule would be 5 AM to 2 PM PST but flexibility is preferred. Work on internal Glovia projects as required, has a passion for technology and enjoys solving system/ business product cases.
- How does this role play into Fujitsu’s mission and culture or the Fujitsu Way?
Fujitsu’s mission and culture is to create new value thru IT and utilize our technology to establish our competitive position as a true global player. This role will play critical role in providing valued added IT support to many Glovia customers, thus by fulfilling Fujitsu’s mission and culture.
- What are some projects that this position will be assigned?
Projects assigned will involve supporting System/ Application cases related to Glovia G2 ERP modules, supporting Go live customers, troubleshooting database issues, creating reports, issuing serialization keys, maintaining support environments, etc..
- Exciting challenges they may face?
Learning your team’s new dynamics, fitting into company culture, working with brand named customers to help resolve their time issues
- What’s the typical day like in this position?
A typical day as System Support Analyst will consist of handling support cases/calls, providing technical support to customers, writing reports, escalating cases to Development etc.
- Who will they report to? (“In this position, you will report to ___”)
Reports to Manager, Glovia Customer Care
- Who will they work with? (“As part of the ___ team, you will …”)
As part of the GCC team, you will work along with other GCC members, GPS, and Development departments as we provide support service to our customers.
- What does success look like for this position? What are the performance goals?
Within first two years of completing this job, you will need to be fully sufficient to independently work on resolving customer cases and handle them in the most efficient manner.
- Is there potential for growth?
With time and dedication to this position, there are some potential growth opportunities available within Glovia.
- Which Fujitsu company they will work for and their specific location
This position requires employee to work in our Fujitsu Glovia, Inc. corporate headquarter in El Segundo, CA.
- Monitor, update, and maintain tickets coming to Glovia’s ticketing system
- Take ownership of the issue from end to end and assist customers with resolving System/ Applications issues ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Escalation and follow-up of critical customer accounts and keeping management apprised of the situation
- Provide detail documentation and test cases and dispatch thru ticketing system to Global Product Support
- Administrative Activities: a) keep case notes in Clarify up to date and customer notified of case status b) participation in department and company meetings c) update knowledge base with solutions you have created or work-arounds, write tech-notes, FAQs and assist department manager with updating other documents as needed
- Periodic patch deployment/ maintenance of in-house test systems for internal users
- Take active role in process improvement
- Maintain good rapport and working relationship with co-workers and other
- Awareness of company goals and objectives, as well as, customer support policies
- Performs all required administrative functions necessary to the position.
- Accurate, timely submission of timesheets for all time expended.
- Timely submission of schedules, project status reports and other relevant correspondence.
- Accurate, timely submission of all expense reports.
- Duties and responsibilities are not limited to the list mentioned above. New assignments will be assigned by the manager as they come up.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Basic understanding of technical customer Support having worked in related industry
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to work collaboratively with others
- Able to work on system related issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors
- Able to balance multiple responsibilities and work effectively/independently in a fast paced environment with attention to details
- Result driven, deadline driven, goal oriented, highly motivated, takes ownership of problems and proactively resolves problems, ensuring that solutions continue to meet business requirements and aligns with the vision, mission, objectives, strategy of the department
- Proven ability to deliver timely, accurate work product and demonstrate good follow up and follow through. Follows directions.
- Proven ability to build supportive and professional relationships within and outside of the organization, motivated and inspires others to work together for mutual benefits.
- Quick learner and takes initiative to learn on his/ her own
- Knowledge of Network service – TCP/ IP, LAN/WAN, DNS, SSH, FTP, VPN, SMTP, HTTP/S
- Basic knowledge of IIS, Apache, Tomcat, Microsoft Suite, Windows Active Directory
- Basic experience with Windows and Unix scripting, XML, Java
- Design and develop reports using reporting tools
- Experience with generating various flow charts
Experience & Education:
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience; or an advanced degree without related work experience
- Basic knowledge of ERP
- Minimum 0 up to 4 years of experience troubleshooting and supporting end user technologies and services in small to medium sized environments.
- Minimum 0 up to 4 years of experience working with Microsoft OS, UNIX/Linux, Solaris, Windows and Unix scripting
- Minimum 0 up to 4 years of experience working with Office 365, SQL, Oracle, PostGres
- Minimum 0 up to 4 years of VM-Ware, Microsoft Azure Cloud, AWS cloud
FUJITSU GLOVIA offers medical insurance, dental, vision care, life management and employee assistance, flexible spending (medical & dependent care); and retirement savings plans; company paid basic life and accidental death & dismemberment insurance; short term disability plan; basic long term and supplemental long term disability plans; business travel accident insurance; paid time off based on years of service.
Benefits are effective your first day of employment.
For additional information regarding Fujitsu Glovia, Inc., please visit: www.glovia.com
The people we want to join our team are enthusiastic and demonstrate initiative. They are team players who relish the challenge of a career in a dynamic and changing industry. If this is you, send your resume today!
At Fujitsu, one of our corporate principles is "We respect human rights." This principle underpins our corporate and individual activities and guides the actions of every Fujitsu Group member. We embrace diversity and equal opportunity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. By empowering people, we can unleash our collective strengths to create a better experience for our employees, our customers, and our partners.