General duties: operate, sustain, and provide logistical, general support and IT Services for USSPACECOM, Bldg 1 JOC, Peterson AFB, CO. The contractor shall meet all government IT requirements for the entire life-cycle of each IT service to include steady-state day-to-day operations. Provide IT services to the government based on the Industry Best Practices framework that allows for high-quality, measurable performance of IT services. The Contractor shall perform all tasks associated with Systems Engineering and IT System Administration and maintenance in support of the following existing and future government networks: NIPR, SIPR, JWICS, and all other IT initiatives as determined by the government and coordinated through the COR. The position requires a customer focus and ability to solve information technology problems quickly, with minimal service disruption.
- Troubleshoot, fix failures, and document them in a maintenance log
- Develop reliability system upgrades for government personnel review
- Perform preventative maintenance which includes but is not limited to installation of: new software releases, system upgrades, and patches
- Create/maintain server support documentation and operational guides for personnel as required.
- Test and evaluate new network hardware and software to determine compatibility with current systems
- Provide consolidated help desk function/serve as the government IT focal point for customer support. The consolidated help desk function shall be capable of handling the full range of IT-related issues to include:
- Support walk up, telephone or e-mail customer problem resolution; receive, answer and transfer, when required, trouble calls and maintenance requests in support of all government missions and personnel; assign a ticket number and track communication system outages and repair actions until the issue is resolved; and deliver any and all software, designs, records, databases, manuals, guides, standard operating procedures, and similar items developed in rendering problem resolution services
- Shiftwork required to provide 24x7 support to Joint Operations Center (JOC), to include Holidays
- Serves as Information Technology Equipment Custodian (ITEC)
- Serves as On-Site Computer Maintenance Technician
- Other IT duties as assigned
- System administration experience, preferably with USAF NIPR, SIPR and JWICS
- Customer service focus with help desk-like experience
- Physical and virtual server experience
- Projection and VTC experience
- Network administration and crypto experience not required but useful
- Active TS/SCI security clearance/Eligibility for Special Access Program (SAP)/Special Access Required (SAR)
- Minimum H.S. Diploma. Degree in Computer Science, IT, or Engineering related Field highly Desired; Level of education may be substituted for years of experience
- Security +
Years of Experience:
- 1-3 years of experience with customer focused system administration
**This is Contingent upon Contract Award**
The EEO Statement: AMS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, AMS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. AMS expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.