Join our team of more than 34,000 team members, supporting our members and communities in our Club Support Center, 235+ clubs and eight distribution centers. BJ’s Wholesale Club offers a collaborative and inclusive environment where all team members can learn, grow and be their authentic selves. Together, we’re committed to providing outstanding service and convenience to our members, helping them save on the products and services they need for their families and homes.
The Benefits of working at BJ’s
• BJ’s pays weekly
• Generous time off programs to support busy lifestyles*
o Vacation, Personal, Holiday, Sick, Bereavement Leave, Jury Duty
• Benefit plans for your changing needs*
o Three medical plans**, Health Reimbursement Account (HRA), Health Savings Account (HSA), two dental plans, flexible spending
*eligibility requirements vary by position
**medical plans vary by location
Responsible for dispensing spectacles and other optical aids, to both adults and children, working with prescriptions written by optometrists and ophthalmologists. This position advises and assists patients with various types of lenses and spectacle frames, including style, weight and color.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Verifies order data entry, compares Rx to original Rx provided from the doctor assuring all information entered in the system is accurate. Completes proper order filing procedures, including filing the order under the correct ABC system in the store.
- Delivers sales by providing excellent Member service in person and over the phone. Must be able to explain in detail all procedures included under the exam fee; being open and honest in communication and maintaining a friendly pleasant demeanor with customers at all time.
- Takes measurements, assures correct frame selection for Rx power, reads prescriptions on the lensometer, timely notification of product readiness and advancement of the order in the system: including received, notified and dispense of each job and proper handling of all money related transactions.
- Adheres to all privacy and confidential/proprietary company policies and procedures (i. e. Health Information Portability and Accountability Act, known as HIPAA) as required by law. Provides support to Members in making eyeglass adjustments and repairs.
- Assists Optical Manager with the opening and closing procedures at the beginning and end of shift. Ensures that accurate funds are collected, and payments are made at the point of service.
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other departments as needed.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of this job.
Must be licensed to work as an optician within the State and keep license up to date and active.
- Knowledge of optical products and business practices preferred.
- High school diploma, college degree, and/or big box wholesale, retail, optical, and/or management experience is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills, organizational skills and an attention to detail required.
- Open shift availability required.
- At least 18 years of age.
Environmental Job Conditions
- Most of the time is spent moving about frequently on hard surfaces. There may be a need to occasionally position oneself to examine or scan merchandise, including bending, handling, pulling, reaching, and/or stooping.
- Frequently requires lifting objects up to 20 pounds. May require lifting and moving heavy and/or awkward objects more than 20 pounds with assistance.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area with frequent exposure to temperature extremes and loud noises. There may be occasional exposure to cleaning agents.
In accordance with the Pay Transparency requirements, the following represents a good faith estimate of the compensation range for this position. At BJ’s Wholesale Club, we carefully consider a wide range of non-discriminatory factors when determining salary. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to location, education, experience, and qualifications. The pay range for this position is starting from $27.00.