Title: Human Resources Generalist - Employee Relations
Reports to: Director of Human Resources
Pay: $55k-$70k (depending on experience)
Summary/Objective: This position provides high-level support in the administration of human resources in assigned area of responsibility.
- Partners with employees and restaurant management to communicate various Human Resources policies, procedures, laws, standards, and government regulations.
- Acts as consultant by analyzing and recommending solutions to employee relations issues in assigned area of responsibility.
- Investigates escalated employee relations problems and according to circumstances, provides guidance and recommendations for problem resolution to senior restaurant leaders.
- Recommends solutions to leaders when repetition of individual problems indicates negative trends.
- Presents training sessions on various topics to improve employee relations to field leaders and employees in assigned area.
- Coaches leaders on disciplinary process and ensures follow up conversations and documentation are completed as necessary.
- Monitors performance management and ensures leaders address performance concerns as necessary.
- Returns all emails and voice mails in a timely manner to ensure little negative impact to business operations.
- Saves all investigation notes, disciplinary action, and performance management documentation on the common drive for easy access to HR and Legal department members.
- Participates in department staff meetings.
- Recommends changes for the efficiency of department and services performed.
- Prepares and maintains reports as requested by immediate supervisor.
- Maintains behaviors and actions consistent with the company’s values and standards.
- Performs additional duties and special projects as assigned.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. This position regularly requires long hours and weekend work.
Required Education And Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree and one year of human resources experience, or three years of experience in the HR field.
- Experience in the restaurant, retail or convenience store industries.
- 3 years of experience in facilitation or training.
- HRCI certification.
- SHRM certification.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Interacts daily with field leadership management team and department team members. Frequent contact with senior leadership team, and other Support Center employees.
Boston Market Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, marital status or veteran status.