OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION:
Directs activities of a department/shift, maintains production schedules, ensure quality standards are met. Plans work makes assignments and trains new and existing associates.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION:
- Provides direction, development and leadership to department associates ensuring effective employee relations. Provides associate coaching and development and resolves associate issues through problem resolution.
- Direct and manage department associates to ensure manufacturing operational goals are met and accomplished in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Balances safety, quality, productivity, cost, morale, orderliness and improvements in order to achieve positive results.
- Monitor and make adjustments to ensure overall department performance for safety, productivity and quality standards.
- Control and minimize labor overtime and repair expenses.
- Maintain existing plant facilities and equipment; replace, or make adjustments to plant facilities and equipment when necessary.
- Supports and assists in implementing and maintaining preventative maintenance programs.
- Incorporates department organization and cleanliness among department associates.
- Is on call to come to work during off shift hours to help out in emergency situations.
- Supports and assists Plant Management in developing department performance metrics including maintaining metrics once developed.
- Assist in all production control activities.
- Performs monthly cycle count.
- Supports all lab activities.
- Any other duties as assigned.
COMPETENCIES/SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE OR TRAINING PREFERRED:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements/preferences listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Preferred – Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or Equivalent
- Preferred – 7 years experience in manufacturing/production/assembly environments
- Preferred – High Competency with Process Improvement
- Preferred – High Competency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CRM Applications
- Preferred – High Competency with Training
- Preferred – Experience in Inventory/Materials Management