For two decades, Zonar Systems has been pioneering products and services that are laser-focused on making the transportation industry more efficient, more productive, and safer. We believe in rewarding outstanding work, developing employees’ careers and building long-term relationships with our customers. It’s fun, supportive, competitive and a great place to grow your career.
With Zonar you will lead one or more global technical teams which is building the next gen data platform to be able to ingest all OEM, fleet data and enable data sharing using api’s and stream. These team’s services running in Google Cloud that deliver high volume business critical data to Zonar’s customers and partners, enabling them to become more efficient, more productive, and safer.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Coach and lead one or more global engineering teams , driving its technical strategy and roadmap, crafting success metrics in close collaboration with your peers across the company
- Forge strong partnerships with product management and other key areas of the business to design and communicate product roadmaps.
- Lead and facilitate cross-team interactions, communication and dependencies.
- Lead the engineering team through the Agile software development lifecycle.
- Champion operational excellence with a real passion for best-in-class, bulletproof product.
- Empower your direct reports with knowledge and opportunities to grow in their careers.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE TEAM
- 3+ years leading software development teams.
- Experience building highly scalable, high available customer facing services.
- Collaborative working style with a strong focus on disciplined execution and results.
- A history of delivering mission critical APIs. Familiarity with connected vehicles or similar technology is a plus.
- Iterative approach to software development combined with the drive to move fast and think big.
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery/Continuous Deployment tooling and processes.
- Python - it's our core services language in Zonar. Databases such as PostgreSQL and Cassandra and advanced document stores.
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent experience
Founded in 2001, Zonar has pioneered smart fleet management technology by providing innovative technology that has changed fleet operations in the vocational, pupil and commercial trucking industries. With a unique focus on this field, the Company offers a complete suite of solutions and specialized platforms for our customers in multiple markets. Our patented, award-winning technology keeps fleet owners and managers connected to their fleets and drivers to dispatchers. Zonar has a proven history of continuous innovation on behalf of our customers, providing products that efficiently and easily track commercial fleets and assets, streamline reporting and significantly increasing safety while saving cost. Leveraging a portfolio of 150+ patents, we are building upon these data and related analytics services to create the next generation of software and services for the 15M target customers in the US alone.
Headquartered in Seattle and majority-owned by technology company Continental, Zonar has a Technology Development Center in downtown Seattle and a distribution center outside of Atlanta. Our culture is based on ingenuity, leadership, teamwork, excellence, passion, integrity, and fun! Our company has grown to over 350 employees who are goal-oriented and fast-paced but understand the importance of having a healthy work life balance. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a fast-paced, growing, innovative company, make a big impact on a rapidly evolving space, and have fun along the way