The Data Analyst (Contractor) is responsible for working with the Director and Sr. Manager to support data, systems and metric needs of the Commercial Supply Chain Logistics team. The includes the development of analysis and real-time reporting capabilities. They will also monitor performance and quality control plans to identify improvements. The Data Analyst will work closely with Logistics and cross functional teams to build out reports and dashboards to support commercialization and expansion.
Responsibilities include :
- Performing statistical analysis of data
- Using tools and techniques to visualize data in easy-to-understand formats, such as diagrams and graphs
- Exceptional communication skills and experience in presenting findings to non-technical audiences and working with stakeholders to translate business questions to analytically actionable questions
- Experience in effective data visualization approaches and a keen eye for detail in the visual communication of findings
- A strong desire to build meaningful solutions for a life sciences business
- Ability to independently set goals, complete deliverables, and collaborate closely with technical and non-technical teams within and across functions
- Perform various data analytics in PowerBI and MS Excel using statistical models or industry accepted tools
- Work with management to prioritize new and information needs
Preferred Qualifications :
- Prior experience with using analytics and/or developing data visualizations and dashboards (e.g. PowerBI) in business settings
- Advanced Microsoft Excel capabilities including graph and chart build out for Microsoft PowerPoint presentations
- Prior exposure to logistics and supply chain data
- Knowledge of the biopharma or healthcare industry
- Ability to multitask between multiple supply chain workstreams and business units
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law. Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.