It's rewarding to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE and have a passion for what they do.The Wastewater Operator is responsible for performing all aspects of compliance with Local, State and Federal regulations governing the wastewater treatment process, storm water and sludge management.
Since 1948, Highway Transport has been a chemical tanker trucking company with a reputation rooted in family and tradition. What makes Highway Transport a choice employer? We hire top talent in the industry to join our team and invest in resources to support career advancement. Highway Transport offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including Paid Time off, Medical, Dental, Vision, Company-paid Life Insurance and a 401(K).
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure adequate storage capacity for daily operations.
- Keep the treatment area clean and neat and monitor sludge accumulation in storage tanks.
- Monitor what is running through wastewater and pinpoints problems through the waste program.
- Ensure compliance by meeting permit requirements and complying with all city, state, and federal regulations.
- Prepare all samples for BOD pick-ups.
- Ensure sample points are clean free of debris.
- Perform and document various tests to ensure compliance.
- Working knowledge of mechanical equipment and the ability to diagnose and correct equipment malfunctions.
- Perform preventive maintenance on wastewater equipment.
- Other duties as directed by Supervisor.
- High School diploma.
- 1-3 years of experience with Wastewater Treatment
- Class K Wastewater Operator Certification (Illinois Only)
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Must be able to read and interpret chemical analysis reports.
- Ability to apply a general understanding to carry out detailed, written, and oral instructions.
- Ability to identify and solve problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to operator computer equipment and software
- Communicate in a professional manner to external/internal customers.
- Read, write, and speak English.
- Ability to cooperate with local authorities with inspections.
- Excellent customer service (internal and external).
- Complete all required paperwork.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
- Ability to lift a minimum of 75 lbs.
- Working with both hazardous and non-hazardous waste,
- This position requires working indoors and outdoors during all weather conditions.
- Exposure to noise from machinery and variety of odors.
- Position requires moderate activity with frequent walking, standing, bending, reaching and sitting.
Commitment to Responsible Care®: Highway Transport’s Quality Driven Delivery Management System policy has been developed by the company’s senior management and serves as a visible commitment to ensuring the health and safety of our employees and contractors, protecting the environment and minimizing the impact of our operations on the roadways which we travel and the areas where we manage terminal facilities. Highway Transport shall comply with its Safety, Health, Environmental and Security Policy and Programs, Department of Transportation Regulations, applicable OSHA and EPA/State environmental regulations and applicable local regulations.