TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Senior AUDITOR (Associate/VP) in the Market Related Activities (MARK) Team is expected to make key contributions to Audit's regular assessment of the adequacy and effectiveness of SG's markets related activities.
The team audit coverage focus includes:
- front to back coverage of Markets businesses and all associated first line of defense teams which report to the Americas Head of Markets;
- four risk management stripes on the second line of defense reporting to the CRO including Market Risk, Liquidity, Model and Counterparty;
- compliance to selected rules and regulations related to Markets activities;
- coverage for regional Finance function reporting into the local CFO.
While the auditor might be involved across these different areas, The SENIOR AUDITOR, Vice President in the Market Activities (MARK) Audit Team is expected to make key contributions to Audit's regular assessment of the adequacy and effectiveness of SG's Liquidity risk management program across the first and second lines of defense in line with Reg YY and SR 10-6 expectations. The candidate is also expected to participate in the coverage of Interest Rate Banking Risk of the Banking Book in line with SR 12-2 and broad Treasury/Risk coverage. While the Senior Auditor is expected to act a subject matter expert in these areas, it will also be part of the broader pool of auditors acting across the scope.
This will include lead US audits, review remediation to audit recommendations. We expect the candidate to able to coordinate effectively with Paris model audit team, both in terms of methodology and in terms of scope/coverage determination. In addition, the Senior Auditor will contribute to the regular audits of SG's trading and sales activities across all asset classes.
The Senior Auditor's primary responsibility is to lead audit assignments. He/she is expected to have a high degree of technical proficiency, autonomy and the ability to oversee and monitor the work of their team. He/she should be able to run larger and complex audits with minimal supervision or oversight. Some responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Independently, leading various types of audit missions (including complex, global, multi-team/integrated, etc.,) overseeing all aspects of the audit process and having full ownership of the audits assigned
- Preparing high quality and impactful audit reports, especially executive summaries that effectively address the key issues to be raised to management's attention
- Actively participating in department's continuous monitoring programs - understands the ongoing changes in internal and external environment related to specific audited activities and evaluates the impact of changes on the business and company
- Participating in various stages of the annual risk assessment and providing professional conclusions on the risks' evaluation
- Coaching the staff to help develop their competencies, and provide formal feedback to team members that is objective, constructive and meaningful
- Leading and participating in department wide transformation projects and actively contributing, communicating and implementing the changes, and supporting others through the process
Candidates must have the ability to travel for periods of 1-3 weeks when required (USA, Europe).
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED)
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge and understanding of banking products, financial services and industry, including the different trading products and activities, and the related risks (market, counterparty credit, liquidity, operational, regulatory, etc.) and controls
- Strong proven ability to use these skills to plan or execute audits using a risk-based approach (e.g., identify key risks and control points and suggest approaches for testing/sampling)
- Have deep understanding and knowledge of Liquidity and IRRBB rules as well as other relevan Risk rules
- Strong skills / knowledge of MS Office Products is a must
- Familiar with at least one of the following programming languages: SAS, Matlab, R, Python, C++, etc.
- Highly motivated and committed to lead and progress; shows initiative, integrity, and creativity
- Demonstrates curiosity, motivation, enthusiasm for learning and self-development with high level of independence and autonomy
- Demonstrates strong organizational/project management skills, able to establish goals, priorities, and realistic plans that maximize use of available resources; able to meet all deadlines; able effectively delegate, make decisions, solve difficulties and timely escalate issues
- Demonstrates willingness and readiness to provide support and collaborate to promote team spirit
- Establishes relationships with junior team members; actively coaches, provides training, shares knowledge, feedback and support
- Demonstrates openness to new ideas; able to propose and actively initiate process improvement
- Demonstrates a high level of written and oral communication skills through audit reports, meetings and presentations
- Able to maintain effective relationships with auditees and audit counterparts and facilitates conflict resolution
- Demonstrates strong analytical skills, able utilize data analytics tools to extract and analyze data
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Economics or other relevant topic
- 8+ years of work experience in financial services, internal auditing, or relevant risk management positions
- Experience in managing entire audit process
- Work experience in Liquidity Risk and IRRBB in a first, second or third line of defense capacity in investment banks, other suitable financial institutions or consulting.
Desired / Plus:
- Work experience in relevant business or risk management function within corporate/investment bank
- MBA/Master's degree in a business discipline
- Familiar with Spotfire is a plus
- Certifications/Licenses: CIA, CPA, CFA, FRM, CTP
Languages (Other than English): French
The Inspection and Group Audit Division (IGAD) represents Societe Generale's independent internal audit function, comprised of over 1200 professionals covering SG's global businesses and services in over 80 countries. The SG Internal Audit Americas (SGIAA) Department within IGAD is a group of about 80 professionals, based in New York, New Jersey, San Paulo and Bangalore, who are responsible for assessing SG's multiple businesses in the Americas region.
SGIAA Department is looking to complement the team with driven individuals, who enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, are innovative and prepared to generate new ideas and "go the extra-mile" in achieving a common goal. Joining SGIAA will give you a unique opportunity to not only work on audit missions, but also to participate in department-wide projects aimed at transforming the team to the best in class. For those who succeed, future opportunities include career growth within/outside department, including international mobility.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Entity: SG AMERICAS OPERATIONAL SECURITIES
Starting date: immediate
Publication date: 2021/09/01