(based on 144 JC Penney Review Ratings)
Senior Project Manager
in Prosper, TX

"I enjoyed working at JCPenney for over 30 years. Great people, great company."

Scrum Master
in Plano, TX

"JCPenney is an enterprise that follows the Agile model and has a SAFE environment. A very good Retail IT company that values its employees and helps them to learn and grow along with the organization."

JC Penney (249)

4.6 Highest Rated in this Industry is Lehigh Press (8)
2.7 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Aaron Brothers (16)
in Plano, TX

"While I appreciate my time and learnings that JC Penney provided me in my almost 9 years of employment, there were ups and downs that the company was unable to facilitate due to the companies failures. As the company's goals changed with their strategy, there were major shifts that also changed within the work environment. From my observation these shifts happened as the goals became less creative and more analytical, thus driving away those talents. An environment that is under threat due to falling stocks, and continually change, creates a toxic workplace. The ability to work as a team began to dissolve as associates protected themselves, and it became a "blame game" and created further friction. While I believe there are great leaders, associates, and strategies for the company, I do not recommend working there in a creative or "private brand" area. Wishing the Warriors the best as they come back to the front lines from the COVID 19 pandemic."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Merchandise Execution Associate
in Santa Ana, CA

"I have worked for JcPenney for 7 months and it is a great place to work, help other associates around the store, and help customers meet their needs and concerns."

Average JC Penney Ratings in the Past 3 Years

in Plano, TX

"relaxed atmosphere, nice corporate office"

in Plano, TX

"Was becoming a strong leader in technology was on the correct path to success. COVID 19 has damaged the company and future is uncertain."

in Plano, TX

"Great culture, and a great place to work"

in Plano, TX

"I have worked for the company 1 full year now and I am very happy with my group and manager. They have high regard for good work and work-life balance."

in Plano, TX

"I have worked at JCPenney Headquarters for about two years and have enjoyed my experience. Many opportunities to network and build skills if you have the drive to take those opportunities and run with them. Very set in their ways as a company and if you can't learn and adapt to them, you will have difficulty."

Jewelry Specialist
in Pocatello, ID

"I really enjoyed working with my coworkers, but have not been impressed with corporate responses to different difficulties. Mainly the response to COVID-19, I have worked for the company for almost 4 years and received zero compensation during this pandemic, I had to use all my PTO that I didn't get to even see until working for the company for 3 years. I love the environment, but regret wasting my time at a company that only cares about paying their CEO's millions while not caring whether or not their employees can feed themselves throughout the week. If you plan on working for a short period I recommend working for JCPenney, but if you expect to find you career here, I highly recommend you look somewhere else.This company truly only has a couple years of business left."

Senior QA Manager
in Plano, TX

"Good place to work. Too many layers."

in Lewis Center, OH

"It is a great place to learn how to help different types of people. The company also helps you learn how to multitask!"

in Denton, TX

"I’ve worked for JCPenney for about a year and a half. I’ve enjoyed my time there but feel like I have learned a lot and am ready to take the next step in my career. I unfortunately feel like the company itself is not the right fit for me as they are making changes due to the company overall not doing well."

in Plano, TX

"I've worked for J C Penney since 2015, it has a great history and the work culture is amazing. High priority is given for work-life balance. The campus is spread around a lake and there's never a dull moment with the large diversity among the employes."

in Plano, TX

"I have been an employee since 2016 and JCPenney is a great place for someone looking to make their mark. The culture is highly collaborative and respectful with opportunity for career growth"