On average, employees at IHOP give their company a 2.9 rating out of 5.0 - which is 27% lower than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest IHOP employees are Assistant Managers submitting an average rating of 2.5.

(based on 17 IHOP Review Ratings)
2.7
2.6
2.0
in Monroe, NY

"I worked for IHOP for 2 years. I worked there since they opened. I left because the manager is stealing money from the paychecks. She would fire people who would complain about it. Sometimes you would see her getting out of her car with the owner after it being bouncing non-stop for a while in the parking lot at the store. They will lock themselves in the office and a manager is never available. They will insult customers and complain to them that everything is fine and that they are wrong. I once called her to talk to my table because they said their food looked different than the last time they were there. She went out there and yelled at them saying that everything is always portioned and is always the same. I was so embarrassed when I returned to drop off the check because they were more mad than before."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Assistant Manager
in West Monroe, LA

"A company that doesn't care about their employees. The employees work tirelessly to make sure the customers are happy but we have bosses that don't give raises or promotions but will fire you if you stop breathing."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5

IHOP (25)

4.4 Highest Rated in this Industry is Hotel del Coronado (7)
2.9 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Alchemy Communications (11)
in Flagstaff, AZ

"I can't speak for all IHOPS, but the management at the IHOP in Flagstaff, Arizona is a joke. They say they will give you write-ups for poor performance or attendance issues but they won't. I was told on the day of my termination that I had 3 write-ups (that I never signed or knew existed) and then failed to present them when I asked where they were. They asked a crew chief who always helped dinner shifts to step down because she "helped too much." Ridiculous, isn't it? I have also worked multiple 6-8 hour shifts without a break and was denied overtime on a 12 hour shift. Either way, spare yourself the drama and embarrassment and DON'T work for IHOP in Flagstaff."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
in Debary, FL

"I worked at an IHOP in Central Florida from May, 2013 to July, 2014 as dishwasher. I am a hard-working young man and excellent employee. The problem I had with IHOP was that a new store manager retaliated against me by cutting my hours and ultimately taking me off the schedule for complaining on him. He treats dishwashers as slaves, while servers and cooks can have their breaks and talk to each other, when they should be working. The Human Resources in Miami, Florida and the area director refused to contemplate any form of illegal retaliation from the store manager. All HR and the area director do is try to justify the manager without proper investigation. IHOP is truly the worst company I have ever worked for."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5

Average IHOP Ratings in the Past 3 Years

2013 $1
in Durham, NC

"As a host, cashier, or DMO you make minimum wage. They charge you 68 cents per hour for your employee meal, and you can't opt out. The iHop at I work at includes a lot of really terrible, unprofessional attitudes among its employees and customers. I'm a white male, but I've experienced multiple instances of sexual harassment, racism, and threats of violence. Training is minimal. Expect to work 2nd and 3rd shift. Expect to work hard with little downtime."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Waiter
in Pittsburg, CA
Person You Work For 1.5 / 5 People You Work With 1.5 / 5 Work Setting 1.5 / 5
Support You Get 1.5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1.5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1.5 / 5
in Warrenton, VA

"I have worked for IHOP for over 3 years and would not be working there if I didn't need a job."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Dishwasher

"Just not what I wanted in a job."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 1 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Salt Lake City, UT

"This establishment prides itself on it's on Hire Right, Train Right, Treat Right motto, and it couldn't be further from it. If you want to find an employer that will really treat you right, I suggest you look elsewhere. This place is built on hypocrisy. They will work you like a rented mule, and dump you when you no longer buy in to their lies. If I could give zero stars, I would."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Cook
in Norfolk, VA

"The pay is above minimum wage but still relatively low. It's hard to get 40 hours a week."

Person You Work For 1.3 / 5 People You Work With 1.3 / 5 Work Setting 1.3 / 5
Support You Get 1.3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1.3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1.3 / 5
Server
in Elizabeth, NJ

"My overall work experience was great, and adding to it has real value!"

What do you like about working at IHOP?

"The environment was fast and had great learning and work experiences while maintaing healthy customer relationships."

"Be willing to make long lasting relationships with your customers and enjoy smiling, listening and offering compliments plus inviting your customers back."

What don't you like about working at IHOP?

"The advancement opportunity had limitations. Looking outside the company was something I did not want to do, because I love IHOP and what it does community wise!"

"There are plenty of suggestions and feedback management could use to improve services and I believe it is more customer based information to benefit from."

Waitress
in Grand Prairie, TX

What do you like about working at IHOP?

"I like the people I work with. I like how flexible they are with the hours. Also, I like interacting with the costumers and meeting new people everyday."

"Be nice and presentable, they mostly hire people who are good with talking to complete strangers."

What don't you like about working at IHOP?

"I feel like nobody really cares about their job because they aren't really that professional there."

"I would make sure we never run out of what we are serving, I would be a little more professional for more respect, I wouldn't just leave the store when I feel like my shift is over."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Person You Work For 3.8 / 5 People You Work With 4.1 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Support You Get 4.2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3.8 / 5
District Manager
Person You Work For 4.9 / 5 People You Work With 4.8 / 5 Work Setting 4.9 / 5
Support You Get 4.6 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4.8 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4.9 / 5
Company Culture 4.8 / 5 Way You Work 4 / 5