HDR Employee Job Reviews in the United States

Browse HDR Reviews by Job Title →

(based on 29 HDR Review Ratings)

Senior Structural Engineer

What do you like about working at HDR?

"The way the company sought to create a working environment that made the employees like doing their jobs. They also were very proactive in creating social activities and extracurricular events for employees to participate in."

"Don't bother for the short term. They have laid off about 15% of their work force in the last 2 months and plan on more lay offs next month. They are very unprofessional about layoffs, not giving employees any warning before hand and locking you out of everything and making you feel like a criminal immediately after."

What don't you like about working at HDR?

"The management teams were horrible. I don't know how they managed to keep thier jobs. They made demands of the design personel that made our jobs more difficult and added nothing to the quality of the work produces."

"Concentrate more on keeping the current staff busy and productive instead of constantly buying new companies and laying people off when work ran out."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Senior Structural Engineer

What do you like about working at HDR?

"The atmosphere at HDR was always charged with energy and excitement. I loved the position I had there and the work I was doing. There were plentiful extracurricular activities planned for employees that allowed us to get to know our coworkers in an out of office background. The company encouraged personal professional growth."

"If you do accept a position at HDR do not place loyalty to HDR over your own personal growth and benefits. This company will drop anyone at a minutes notice and will give no warning."

What don't you like about working at HDR?

"I was quite disappointed at the way I was let go from the company. The week after I finished a 2 year design of a hospital I was called into the section manager's office and told I was being laid off due to lack of work. No allowance was given for the hundreds of hours of overtime I had donated to the company or the fact that I was uniquely knowledgeable about many design desisions and subsystems of the building that would require further coordination and design."

"Have more respect and compassion for your employees during the slow times. At previous companies where I have worked we were informed months in advance of the state of the work flow and people were warned if they were in danger of being laid off so they could begin their job search. HDR lays off employees with no warning and immediately locks them out of all company systems and escorts them from the building like criminals."

HDR (45)

4.6 Highest Rated in this Industry is ARES Corp. (9)
2.7 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Wood Group TCS (8)

HDR Reviews FAQs

Is HDR a good company to work for?

HDR has an overall rating of 3.8 Average Rating out of 5, based on over 29 HDR Review Ratings left anonymously by HDR employees, which is 3% lower than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. 90% of employees would recommend working at HDR.

Does HDR pay their employees well?

HDR employees earn $59,000 annually on average, or $28 per hour, which is 11% lower than the national salary average of $66,000 per year. 13 HDR employees have shared their salaries on CareerBliss. Find HDR Salaries by Job Title.

How satisfied are employees working at HDR?

90% of employees would recommend working at HDR with the overall rating of 3.8 out of 5. Employees also rated HDR 3.5 out of 5 for Company Culture, 3.8 for Rewards You Receive, 3.2 for Growth Opportunities and 3.6 for support you get.

What is the highest paying job at HDR?

According to our data, the highest paying job at HDR is a Marketing Manager at $171,000 annually. Browse HDR Salaries by Job Profile.

What is the lowest paying job at HDR?

According to our data, the lowest paying job at HDR is a Drafter at $24,000 annually. Browse HDR Salaries by Job Profile.

What are the pros and cons of working at HDR?

According to reviews on CareerBliss, employees commonly rated the pros of working at HDR to be Company Culture, Growth Opportunities, People You Work With and Person You Work For, and no cons.