4 Hawthorn Retirement Group Reviews

Browse Hawthorn Retirement Group Reviews by Job Title →
(based on 2 Hawthorn Retirement Group Review Ratings)
Property Management Administrator
in Happy Valley, OR

"I have worked for Hawthorn for the last 4 years. As a company I have never been happier in my life. My wife and I have worked in older buildings and newer ones. We now operate the newest in the company. The company Vision is what it should be resident-centric and focused. We could not be happier. Yes the hours are long, the demands are high yet the residents deserve it. Our employees are expected to maintain a certain level of commitment and work ethic. The company is a great!"

Chef
in Orlando, FL

"a very wealthy owner who funds too many projects he is clueless on how to run."

What do you like about working at Hawthorn Retirement Group?

"This is a terrible company to work for! Management for lack of a better title is clueless and the corporate part of this place is beyond ridiculous."

"Look somewhere else. They will use you and spit you out like they have done to so many others!"

What don't you like about working at Hawthorn Retirement Group?

"The corporate clowns that try to run the show have no consideration or feeling for their employees."

"Get a clue and get some training! Not a degree in management anywhere to be seen!"

Facilities Manager
in Pharr, TX

"For a younger couple, it would be a good place to start. For Seasoned management ... don't do it with Brook Ridge Community."

What do you like about working at Hawthorn Retirement Group?

"The staff was seasoned and knew their jobs which required very little direct supervision. The staff always seemed happy and content to be working there. The benefits of living where you work was great, as well as having access to 3 meals a day prepared by a professional chef."

"Don't necessarily belive the show they put on for your benefit. Ask detailed questions of what type of manager they are ... encouraging or discouraging. Ask if then encourage through letting you know when a job is done well; or do they only point out the negative or mistakes. Decide what type you can learn under before signing on with the current management."

What don't you like about working at Hawthorn Retirement Group?

"The management at the Brook Ridge facility were strictly A personality. They were not people persons and had a difficult time maintaining resident satisfaction. They were an extremely difficult couple to learn from and to work under."

"Retire! In all seriousness, take yourself less seriously and relax. Be willing to bend a little ... your entirely too stiff and formal with the residents."

Facilities Manager
in Pharr, TX

"It was a good solid opportunity to reintroduce me back into the working world, but I feel so distant from my loved ones."

What do you like about working at Hawthorn Retirement Group?

"I am responsible for entire daily operation of a 110 unit, senior adult, retirement community, and I am marketing director as well."

"Be certain that you can be satisfied with a capped earning potential."

What don't you like about working at Hawthorn Retirement Group?

"The average temperature this summer has been over 105 degrees."

"Continue the nresident first mentality and keep their satisfaction as the top priority."