(based on 426 Ford Motor Review Ratings)
"I enjoyed my time at Southwest Ford in Weatherford. I sometimes wish I was still there. Good group of guys and the owner is very involved."
Posted 6 years ago in Weatherford, TX
in Farmington, MI

"I have worked for Ford Motor company since 3 years and learnt the tooling end of the cars."

in Peoria, AZ

"Peoria Ford is a great company to learn sales tactics and develop key personal responsibilities in a sales environment. Long hours can be a negative impact on personal live as its difficult to have and kind of work life balance. This is with any car sales environment and not special to Peoria Ford. You must have tunnel vision in this field and not get discouraged by surrounding employees. Dealership is clean and is one of the largest volume Ford dealerships in 44 states."

in Dearborn, MI

"Good company to work for of full-time"

in Troy, MI

"It is hard to say for an employee with 20 years' experience. There is no meaningful just maker stars. I could write a book or at least a paper to evaluate the company or previous supervisors."

in Dearborn, MI

"One of the best automotive company to work."

Product Development Engineer
in Dearborn, MI

"Good company to work for with opportunities to succeed."

Staff Engineer
in Kansas City, MO

"I have worked for Ford as an STA Engineer since 2014. My supervisor treated me very well and we had a good relationship. I was in charge of 5-7 Ford suppliers and called on the to insure their quality levels and help them during launches."

in Dearborn, MI

"I think this is a good company to work for."

in Dearborn, MI

"I retired from Ford Motor Company after 33 years, and still feel that they build the best truck on the market. I managed many experienced engineers that displayed leadership and knowledge in their fields."

in Claycomo, MO

"I’ve retired from Ford Motor Company in 2017"

Software Research Engineer
in Dearborn, MI

"I enjoy working for Ford overall. Many areas of the company are old-fashioned and struggle with bureaucracy but the Research and Advanced (R&A) Engineering group is a great place to work. There are a lot of extremely.smart, talented, and hard-working people, and the environment is enjoyable."

in Lancaster, PA

"Great place to work and grow your management skills."

in Dearborn, MI

"I have worked in IT at Ford for more than 20 years. Ford is not a high-tech company. It has stale IT. It struggles with bureaucracy, many legacy employees retired on the job, it perpetuates cultural problems such as lack of teamwork. Much of the IT work was offshored, though that decision is now being somewhat reversed. Generally the workload is light. You will spend more time waiting on approvals and in meetings than doing work. Generally coworkers are nice and supportive. Many IT people are in jobs for which they do not have the knowledge or skills for, yet are proclaimed Experts. This can be an impediment to accomplishing tasks."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Detroit, MI

"We stand in the rain in a long line waiting at Ford Highland Park. For work. You know what work is—if you’re old enough to read this you know what work is, although you may not do it. Forget you. This is about waiting, shifting from one foot to another. Feeling the light rain falling like mist into your hair, blurring your vision until you think you see your own brother ahead of you, maybe ten places. You rub your glasses with your fingers, and of course it’s someone else’s brother, narrower across the shoulders than yours but with the same sad slouch, the grin that does not hide the stubbornness, the sad refusal to give in to rain, to the hours of wasted waiting, to the knowledge that somewhere ahead a man is waiting who will say, “No, we’re not hiring today,” for any reason he wants. You love your brother, now suddenly you can hardly stand the love flooding you for your brother, who’s not beside you or behind or ahead because he’s home trying to sleep off a miserable night shift at Cadillac so he can get up before noon to study his German. Works eight hours a night so he can sing Wagner, the opera you hate most, the worst music ever invented. How long has it been since you told him you loved him, held his wide shoulders, opened your eyes wide and said those words, and maybe kissed his cheek? You’ve never done something so simple, so obvious, not because you’re too young or too dumb, not because you’re jealous or even mean or incapable of crying in the presence of another man, no, just because you don’t know what work is."

in Dickinson, TX

"Should have heeded the red flags. The GSM clearly hates going to work every day. A smile once in a while could go a very long way. Everyone there just tries to avoid him. No processes in place. Can spend your whole day hunting down information on a vehicle and usually the vehicle too. Forever needing to track down a manager to work a deal. One manager that needs to retire. Makes many costly mistakes effecting both company's bottom line and sales commissions. Very nice man, just think it's a health issue due to aging."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5