(based on 35 Fastenal Review Ratings)
in Huntsville, TX

"I've worked for fastenal for over 4 years total and they have always been great when it comes to employee services and meeting your needs or requirements. Great company to work for."

Operations Manager
in Manchester, IA

"Good environment and philosophies."

Fastenal (68)

4.7 Highest Rated in this Industry is DEFENDER Direct (13)
1.8 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Hampton Forge (8)
Fastenal Employee

"I have been employed by Fastenal as an Outside Sales Representative since mid-2016. Over the years I have had great coworker relationships as well as with my Sales Managers and District Managers. There are 40+ sales offices with if the greater Houston area and over 2,000 in the U.S. as of 2018."

in Indianapolis, IN

"I've worked for Fastenal Company since 2018. I find it to be a great company with high standards in ethics and integrity. I recommend this company to anybody wanting to get their foot in the door for experience as they constantly bring in new employees."

Average Fastenal Ratings in the Past 3 Years

2013 $2
Account Specialist
in Charleston, SC

"Fastenal is a very fas paced high output company that is growing rapidly and focuses on customer service. The motto is Growth through customer service and it is just that. Fastenal has a team of amazing people and managers who stand by you to make sure you get the things you need so you can succeed. I highly recommend The Fastenal Company. They give you all the tools you need to be successful in outside sales and customer relations."

in Niles, IL

"I had heard bad things about Fastenal over the ears, but everyone has had a bad boss. My experience was worse than anything I had heard. This was a bad situation. When I started I noticed the manager seemed to yell at one of my co-workers a lot, and most of it was unwarranted. This co-worker put up with it. Then the manager turned his attention to me. (I hope my co-worker appreciated the distraction.) Yelling at me every chance he got. He would not give me access to company resources like computers or company vehicles. Even after another sales person left and that person's computer and company vehicle became available he gave those items to the person he hired to replace that sales person and told me to deal with it. I tried hard to do my job but I had to face facts that my manager was going to make that very difficult every chance he got. He kept asking me to refer former co-workers from my previous employer and friends to apply to Fastenal. Who would do that to a friend?"

in Winona, MN

"Understaffed, underpaid and overworked. Extremely high turnover at stores based on cut backs at various times of the year. Constant changes to your pay and the labor model. Lack of help in the store makes day to day branch operations very difficult. Fastenal hires lots of part time for very important jobs and the part time employees have no concept of doing a good job because they are looking for full time work."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Warehouse Manager
in Mason City, IA

"I enjoyed my job there and would still be there if it wasn't for my family moving to California. My boss and co-workers were genuinely sad to see me leave. I had hoped to transfer to Fastenal here in Visalia but corporate put a freeze on full time hiring so I was out. It's a good company and I worked at one of the first stores that was opened. Fastenal has almost 3000 stores in the US and overseas. I started part time and worked into a full time position, I helped to grow our sales to over $200,000 a month. I took care of walk in customers and phone orders."

in Montgomery, AL
Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Cleveland, OH

"It is a job that gives you just enough!"

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
in San Bernardino, CA

"It was a good part time job."

Sales Support Representative
in Oceanside, NY

"Great place to work at. Flexible hours, great boss."

Project Manager
in Winona, MN

"I like that I'm left alone to get my job done."

Outside Sales Representative
in Indianapolis, IN

"Run... run as far away from Fastenal as you can! Very low pay and unrealistic sales goals based off the previous year which you have no control of. Product pricing is 5 times higher than competitors. The formula they tell you on how you're paid commission only a nasa scientist could figure out. The list goes on and on I'm going to run out of characters. Only positives are regular business hours and no weekends."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
General Manager
in Sterling Heights, MI

"Beware of this company. Perfect example of why this isn't your dad's economy. You can move mountains, and still won't be enough. Their corporate ideals are that of an oppressive dictator. Threats, and disrespect are handed out quite often through their struggles to grow their bottom line (recently). Not all employees are bad people and in fact the majority of Fastenal employees are solid. Eventually they'll ruin their image, and the job pool will turn on them. Beware!"