(based on 42 Dow Chemical Review Ratings)
Mechanical Project Engineering Lead
in Deer Park, TX

"Good company and will recommend fresh graduates as well as experienced professionals."

in Midland, MI

"I am a heritage Dow Corning employee. 3 years ago we were bought out by Dow and the Midland plant has gone to ***shit***. We are literally making no product and have lost most of our customers due to management raising product prices and incompetance. Dow is more concerned with the trendy integration and diversity BS then actually being a chemical company. It's a real shame, Dow Corning was an amazing company to work for and now the heritage employees that haven't been fired are stuck in a PC hellhole just waiting to be canned or laid off."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5

Dow Chemical (76)

4.5 Highest Rated in this Industry is Revlon (7)
2.9 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Hexcel (12)
in Bristol, PA

"I worked for Dow chemical at a temporary position this summer. The relationships with the full time employees was pretty good. But due to the limited time and nature of my employment I was unable to get a great fell for the company as a whole."

in New Orleans, LA

"Dow is a great company that believes in safety, efficiency and inclusion."

Average Dow Chemical Ratings in the Past 3 Years

in Deer Park, TX

"That if you are an hourly person you are treated like crap. They talk a good game but they speak with fork tongue. And if they acquired or bought a company, those employees are treated worse. In my case they lumped the Dow employees (hourly) in with the contractors and then treated the contractors better than their own employees."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
in Midland, MI

"If you read Dilbert, you probably have a good idea of how Dow management works. Upper management seems to be "borderline unethical". They talk a good game with the right buzzwords but it's mostly lies and BS. The company has continued to get worse over the years, with layoffs year after year (2,500 per year has been the recent average). On the plus side, benefits are OK - not great, but satisfactory."

in Minneapolis, MN

"I have worked for Dow for 5 months. Would like to grow and be more challenged. The company has very good benefits and good process."

in McHenry, IL

"Dow sucks, especially in RINGWOOD, ILLINOIS. I quit that place because of all the horrible bosses. I would never recommend that place to anybody. You might as well be a slave if you work in Ringwood. It is very, very dangerous and should be closed forever."

in Ringwood, IL

"I wroked at Dow Chemical in Ringwood, Illinois. The plant manager was horrible. He was always being nosy and trying to get people to quit their jobs in order for the plant to appear safer than it really was. I quit because I had enough of that threatening stuff. The plant manager a micro manager and he made a huge deal if I had my safety glasses on my forehead and I was not actually working on anything. Ringwood is loaded with crazy busybodies that have no people skills. I never got hurt and if anything I was the best operator they had, but instead of getting a pat on the back or a "job well done" it was more bickering about stupid things that did not matter. I would recommend that if you are a person looking to work hard and feel good about your job, then do not go for Dow Chemical or any big corporation. You will find idiots who will try to micromanage everything you do. Find a smaller business that supports hard work and doing things the right way. My point is the expression "work smarter not harder" applies to Dow Chemical. I never cared for that saying because it implies that working hard in stupid. I believe it is ok to get hurt at work for the sake of feeling like you did a good job at the end of the day. When I sweat and move around and perhaps get banged up a little I feel a sense of accomplishment. This is important to me and that is why I quit. The plant manager and these other softies that work in these big companies have forgotten. I urge anyone who feels like they are a slave to these morons to quit and work the way you are meant to. Now when I go home I feel happy and beer tastes much better at the end of the day. I have nothing good to say about Dow Chemical unless you are interested in just going to work with no direction. Thank you for reading."

in Freeport, TX

"I have worked for Dow for 15 years. I am very thankful for all that I have learned while at Dow and for the many great people that I have been fortunate enough to work with. Throughout my career I have heard of stories of when Dow was employee focused but over the years Dow has gradually moved away from this and especially over the past 5 years. They appear to have a good path forward from a profitability perspective but they need to focus internally and appreciate the value that they have in the many employees that have helped to make them profitable."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
in Deer Park, TX

"I've worked Dow Chemical Company for 1 year. The work environment is good and the company treats their employees well. However, there is too much bureaucracy to get your work done and puts too much work on one person."

in Midland, MI

"I've worked for Dow Chemical for three years as a co-op in their Saginaw, MI location working on the NEA program. It's an awesome place to work and the people are fantastic - I can't say enough about them. My team lead couldn't be better and they are a strong advocate for school, coming first before work."

in Freeport, TX

"Worked for two years and got layed off due to reorganization."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Maintenance Engineer
in Freeport, TX

"I have not worked for Dow long but it is not for me. Dow has a lot of resources but to do your job it takes way too much to do simple tasks. You cannot change anything in this company. Has terrible middle management and just ok benefits in my opinion. Pay is not bad though. I would not recommend anyone that actually likes to be a problem solver or thinker. If you like square peg, square hole and little cog in the big machine then Dow Chemical is your company."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
in Indianapolis, IN

"Chicago, IL, Iowa, Indiana, Ohio."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5