(based on 31 Disneyland Review Ratings)
Bus Boy

"Fun place to work, but not somewhere I could be for a long time."

VIP Coordinator

What do you like about working at Disneyland?

"I love working for Disney and I want to continue working for Disney, although I have hit a roadblock as it relates to growth. I want to branch out and learn. The company is usually very good at this and I enjoy the corporate culture created, as well as the international access to experiences."

"Understand there is a heavy amount of competition, and go in making sure you can work all hours and commit your personal life to the Disney Life."

What don't you like about working at Disneyland?

"The salary and growth programs are very limited."

"Work on developing more employees rather than one per season. Most management teams recognize outstanding employees, and employees capable as well as deserving of growth without only focusing on one person per year."

Person You Work For 4.2 / 5 People You Work With 4.6 / 5 Work Setting 4.6 / 5
Support You Get 3.8 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3.4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3.8 / 5
Registered Nurse

"Consider it carefully. If you have a family and are not applying for an executive level position, make sure your spouse has health insurance coverage and a decent income. You will most likely be living close to the poverty level working at Disney. Don't expect reward recognition, or recognition of any kind. Expect punitive management style."

What don't you like about working at Disneyland?

"It is very dictatorial; the employee's personal life is not a factor in scheduling or benefits, like health insurance. Meal and rest breaks were almost non-existent. Management fraudulently documented that employees got breaks."

"Treat your employees 1/10th as well as the guests and your ROI will increase 10-fold. Do not alter employee time cards. Have frequent, confidential employee surveys, equal to the caliber of customer surveys."

Facilities Manager

What do you like about working at Disneyland?

"I like giving the guest the WOW factor, and having one of the best teams to work with."

Hostess

What do you like about working at Disneyland?

"I liked the great people and building long term friendships. I learned a lot about business. This was my first job."

Customer Service Representative

What do you like about working at Disneyland?

"It is a very friendly environment to work in. Managers help employees as much as possible. There's always something to do."

"Have someone refer you who works there."

What don't you like about working at Disneyland?

"You don't get any benefits unless you are full-time regular. The schedule varies a lot."

Store Operations Lead

"Disney is a great place to see how a very successful corporation is run."

What do you like about working at Disneyland?

"I like how their operation is run with over 22,000 cast members in the resort. I like how there is a job for every little and big part in the resort."

"Know what you want, and have a goal and destination. The opportunity is there, but commitment is needed."

What don't you like about working at Disneyland?

"It takes time to move up in the chain of command. It needed a full commitment to move up in the ladder, and time that I was not willing to give up."

"They all had their strong management skills, but sometimes they were afraid to professionally critique one another for the good of the business."

Supervisor

What do you like about working at Disneyland?

"I like the benefits, and the training opportunity that the company offers."

What don't you like about working at Disneyland?

"I don't like the pay based on the seniority but not the ability."

"I think the management team should give everyone the equal chance to move up, and admit the employees' contribution."

Supervisor
in Anaheim, CA

"The only good thing about working here is getting into Disneyland free, and the health insurance, but even those are hanging on a thread."

What do you like about working at Disneyland?

"There is a certain camaraderie you develop with the other cast members, because you're all in the same boat. Getting into Disneyland for free is pretty cool too. I was union, so I had free health care benefits, which is really the best part of working there. However, Disney is currently in a bitter battle with the unions to take away the benefit without a fair cost of living raise."

"Act like a cheerleader and you're in! GOOD TEAM!!! YAY! I LOVE PUPPIES!!"

What don't you like about working at Disneyland?

"The management is the worst of the worst. Only a very few actually belong in their positions. Their follow-through is horrible and they all dump their workload onto the Leads. The Leads are the ones who really run that place, but without any backup or support, it is very futile for the Leads to affect any real change or progress in the management practices."

"LISTEN to your employees and Leads. They are in the thick of it day in and day out. They know what they are talking about - don't discount them. A valuable piece of advice would be, A happy worker is a hard worker. If they respect and admire your management style, if you are fair, if you listen, if you have a sense of humor and are personable, if you care - they will move mountains for you. They will be the most loyal and productive team you've ever seen."

Sous Chef

"High volume."

What do you like about working at Disneyland?

"I like the people, the food, the benefits, and the job security."

"Stay as long as you can until you know how far you can go."

What don't you like about working at Disneyland?

"There are too many hours for little compensation."

Custodian

What do you like about working at Disneyland?

"I like getting to meet new people."

"Have fun."

What don't you like about working at Disneyland?

"Some of the leads have their favorites, just like the management."

"I'm great with them."

Registered Nurse

"Fun place to work."

"I like the atmosphere."

"Always smile."

What don't you like about working at Disneyland?

"I don't like the crowds."

"Listen to your subordinates."

Assistant Manager
in Anaheim, CA

"Happiest place to work, as long as you realize the job is a privilege, not a right."

What do you like about working at Disneyland?

"The benefits were unbelievable, and my fellow employees and managers were supportive and highly skilled. There was a great deal of consistency, and no one was ever left wondering about what was expected of them."

"Let them know that you respect and value the magic. Having a job with security and benefits in today's economy is a blessing, and they need to know that you understand that."

What don't you like about working at Disneyland?

"I didn't like the union."

"The management team I worked with was fantastic."

Senior Account Manager

"Loved the product!"

"I like the product."

"Relax, they were sitting in your chair once."

What don't you like about working at Disneyland?

"I didn't like the politics."

"Allow the talented people whom you have hired to reach their potential."

Cook
in Anaheim, CA

"It's OK, but could be better."

"I like the people."

"Watch out - not as great as people say."

What don't you like about working at Disneyland?

"I don't like the management."

"Understand the crew they manage."