(based on 53 Walt Disney World Review Ratings)
"I worked at Disney for two short back-to-back contracts as a Senior Technical Writer/Business Analyst Consultant. It was, by far, the most fulfilling and enjoyable role of my career. I enjoyed the work, the boss, the team, the creativity, the cooperation, the wonderful, up-beat culture -- everything. I cannot say enough good things about my consulting work at Disney. Unfortunately, budget prevented me from coming on board as a permanent employee and/or extending the contracts. I love Disney!"
Posted 5 years ago in Lake Buena Vista, FL
Cast Member
in Orlando, FL

"I have worked for the Walt Disney Company since 2006 and have been there ever since. The work environment is good but needs to be utilized better. Management within the company is excellent but resources are needed to do a better job. Disney World employees hundreds of workers every day and opportunities to move up are fairly easy to do. Moving around to different locations and also applying for different positions is easy."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Entertainment Manager
in Orlando, FL

"Disney World was a great first and continual seasonal employment opportunity. The skills that you learn by working at Disney are great for any later job experience that a cast member may have."

Person You Work For 3.3 / 5 People You Work With 3.3 / 5 Work Setting 3.3 / 5
Support You Get 3.3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3.3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3.3 / 5
Host
in Orlando, FL

"My experience with this company was the worst experience of my life."

What do you like about working at Walt Disney World?

"The only good thing about working for the company is sometimes you get free food, and free admission into the parks."

"If you interview for this company don't ever agree to being in food and beverage unless for some weird reason you like to clean up after people, then go for it. They gave me the option to be a safety guy at the water park, but I do not know why they put me in food and beverage."

What don't you like about working at Walt Disney World?

"Working at Disney World's food and beverage was the worst decision of my life. They make you wear a stupid costume, and most of the time you're just walking around doing nothing. I feel like a loser working there, like I'm not even important. You're just there so you can have a job. They usually put you in the kitchen serving food, on the register, the greeter, or in the dining room where I am every day. I complained to the manager that I want to be on cash register, but they said I have to show efficiency in the dining room, which would be stupid because you'll just be standing there with a broom and dustpan, and when you see someone drop a French fry, you have to run over and sweep it up. I don't clean up after people and that is not what I applied for."

"Management should give everyone a chance to do something different and let them learn how to do something other than sweeping and emptying trash bags."

Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Watercraft Boat Pilot
in Orlando, FL

"Get a good job outside and buy the annual WDW pass, and skip the WDW management BS."

What do you like about working at Walt Disney World?

"I enjoy operating different vessels on the water and SOME good people to work with."

"If Disney is a place you love then dont work there. Its disheartening to see some things that go on. Its fun for a little while but the pay rate is not sufficient - $ 8/hr, no benefits, and working till 1 a.m. on weekends."

What don't you like about working at Walt Disney World?

"Managers are incompetent, watching TV, or shopping online. The way they treat blue collar workers reflects on the way the staff treats others and is just not a feel good environment. The pay being not enough is an understatement. I have too much responsibility and not enough support. The union is totally useless, wont even return your phone calls, and just takes your dues."

"Lots! Spend more time seeing what boat captains' experiences on the job are like. Make rules based on observations and hands-on experiences. Negotiate better pay rates and work harder at keeping people happy."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Merchandiser
in Orlando, FL

"I was in a very happy place while working here."

What do you like about working at Walt Disney World?

"I loved working for this company. I wish it could have been longer."

"It was worth every minute I was there, and I would highly recommend giving it a shot."

What don't you like about working at Walt Disney World?

"I didn't like living out of state and wanting to keep my job."

"Keep up the good work. I feel that employees may have hard days, but all in all it's a great place."

Cast Member
in Orlando, FL

"Loved the company but had problems with two of the managers."

What do you like about working at Walt Disney World?

"I love the company and all that it entails. I liked the experience of having roommates."

"Be ready to work hard and take abuse from guests."

What don't you like about working at Walt Disney World?

"I didn't like the lack of confidence in and respect for the employees from management."

"Have a little faith in your people and you might be surprised."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Cook
in Orlando, FL

"Cried - I didn't want to leave FL."

What do you like about working at Walt Disney World?

"I loved every minute of it. I have nothing bad to say."

"Be yourself and you'll be fine, trust me."

What don't you like about working at Walt Disney World?

"Honestly, meeting different people every day, I can't complain. The memories I carry with me are priceless."

"Listen to your coworkers. We're not always in the wrong."

Walt Disney World Employee

What do you like about working at Walt Disney World?

"I enjoy the variety and the team aspect of it. It is nice to work with people who are fun and intelligent and willing to make life fun for others!"

"Smile!! Be energetic and friendly!! Be a good storyteller and have fun at your interview!"

What don't you like about working at Walt Disney World?

"I feel like the management does not trust the cast to get the job done, and they make us feel like children. I wish I felt respected and appreciated. I also do not like the current process for conflict resolution. It allows those cast members who enjoy stepping on others to do just that."

"I would let my cast know that they are appreciated! I would reward them for a job well done and recognize their skills and abilities. I would encourage them to find new solutions and reward them for their achievements!"

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Walt Disney World Employee

What do you like about working at Walt Disney World?

"It is ever changing and the guests keep us on our toes! I sometimes wish it was a little more cast friendly like it used to be. But, I also realize that times change and we have to change with them."

"Make sure you smile a lot. Also, being upbeat and highlighting your strengths is always a good plan. Tie in childhood memories of Mickey and the gang and your dreams and goals!!"

What don't you like about working at Walt Disney World?

"The cast is not appreciated like they used to be. If guests complain, management takes their side, more often than listening to the cast member. And there are many cast members who don't know how to work out conflicts and the current system for conflict resolution is no help. It enables those that want to tear down people to boost themselves up."

"I would want the company to move forward and yet still take time for the cast. I want my cast to know that I appreciate them and I realize that they are the ones who make me look good!"

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Mechanical Engineer
in Celebration, FL

What do you like about working at Walt Disney World?

"I liked new and exciting projects that made people happy. Projects were unique and required a creative mind to pursue."

"Get a good understanding of the work you will be doing, and prepare for a lot of corporate red tape."

What don't you like about working at Walt Disney World?

"They don't make anything that is cutting edge, and don't try anything new beyond their comfort zone. Progress is painfully slow, and trust is often lacking."

"Focus on updating the park and creating genuine attractions, instead of focusing purely on safety and maintenance. The company is becoming dated."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Customer Service Representative
in Lake Buena Vista, FL

"Walt Disney World is one of the best companies in the world."

What do you like about working at Walt Disney World?

"I loved working for the guests. It made me feel good each day."

"The hiring process is great because you go to a casting hall."

What don't you like about working at Walt Disney World?

"The salary was tough to live on, but I liked the company."

"Try to raise the pay grades through the unions, or you will have lots of turnover."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Sales Associate

What do you like about working at Walt Disney World?

"I was excited to go to work every day and be around my fellow cast members. Plus, I got to make magic for the guests every day."

"Be yourself! Show enthusiasm for the position that you are interviewing for, and tailor your answers to that position."

What don't you like about working at Walt Disney World?

"I was on the Disney College Program; thus, I was paid less than other cast members and had horrible hours."

"I would give cast members more constructive criticism, and help them become more familiar with their work locations."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Character Attendant
in Orlando, FL

"It was truly a dream come true, one I would not trade for anything."

What do you like about working at Walt Disney World?

"Care about your success and safety and want to know that you have as good of an experience for every guest."

"Attitude, energy, and enthusiasm are key to life. You do this job because it is fun to bring smiles to young and young at heart."

What don't you like about working at Walt Disney World?

"It is mostly college interns and part-timers. It is hard to support yourself fully on this job. It is more of a fun job."

"Improve the ability to move up in the company and offer more training opportunities that allow everyone to achieve success."

Cook
in Orlando, FL

"Great work and learning experience"

What do you like about working at Walt Disney World?

"The company offered great work conditions in a fun environment and very competitive benefits."

"Keep a great attitude and never forget that what we do is give our guests the best experience possible."

What don't you like about working at Walt Disney World?

"I'm better suited for a position that requires more responsibilities including better use of my leadership skills."

"My only suggestion to the management is that they should take overall performance and work ethic into consideration when promoting cast members."

Intern

What do you like about working at Walt Disney World?

"I like meeting and interacting with new people on a daily basis."

"I would point out and reward good performance on a regular basis."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5