1 County of Riverside Appraiser Reviews

Browse County of Riverside Reviews by Job Title →

Appraisers at County of Riverside give their company a 3.4 out of 5.0, while the average rating for County of Riverside is 3.8, making them 11% less happy than every other employee at County of Riverside and 14% less happy than every other Appraiser on CareerBliss - the happiest Appraisers work for The Real Estate Store.

(based on 1 Appraiser Review Rating)
Appraiser
in Riverside, CA

What do you like about working at County of Riverside?

"The schedule is awesome! I currently work a 4/10 schedule and we get holidays off. Coming from a retail environment where weekends were pretty much mandatory it is awesome to now have three day weekends every week. It is a great stress free environment, as long as production is good everyone is good."

"Read the job description. Interviews are based on a point system the more key words or skills a candidate mentions in an interview the higher the points they score and the greater the possibility to be hired is."

What don't you like about working at County of Riverside?

"It is a union job. Sure the union does benefit us all as employees but at the same time it makes it so that the only way to promote is by time and seniority. It is a secure job as long as you are productive but there is not a lot of incentive to really work hard, although in this department I am fortunate enough to have excellent coworkers it has a negative effect on employee morale in other departments with high turnover rates like the department of social services (DPSS). At DPSS people will work hard until they pass their probation and then magically become lazy because it is nearly impossible to get fired."

"My office manager is involved when he needs to be and is readily available for any possible consults. We don't have a CEO, I guess that would be the elected Assessor - Clerk - Recorder. Our big fish is great because he frequently visits the various regional offices and makes himself available to all staff and is genuinely caring towards all staff members."