(based on 5 City of Philadelphia Review Ratings)
2.6
4.8
"As Director of IT for the city of Philadelphia, I have met many amazing, dedicated staff, serving at the highest level of caring to improve government and its many services to the great city of Philadelphia. However, many great efforts are paralyzed by self-serving and political agendas, cultures of complacency, self-serving bureaucracies, etc. resulting in monies being constantly squandered and projects not being completed as they should."
Posted 5 years ago in Philadelphia, PA
Director of IT

Intern
in Philadelphia, PA

"I worked at the Philadelphia City Planning Commission during the summer of 2012 as an intern. It was a great experience getting to see how a planning department is run in one of the largest cities in America."

Clerical Typist
in Philadelphia, PA

"My overall experience was great and I was sad to leave."

What do you like about working at City of Philadelphia?

"One of the things I enjoyed most while working for the City was the different people that I was able to work with. On a daily basis I was able to work with people from different walks of life and that held different positions in the judicial system,"

"I would suggest that people be their self and let their strengths be known. Also, not to say you can handle certain things if you know you cannot."

What don't you like about working at City of Philadelphia?

"The only thing I did not like about this job was the salary. When I first began working there I was young and it was ok, but as I got older and the work required of me but the salary was not comparable there was a lot of dissapointment."

"My suggestions for management would be to not waste months on training for a job I learned in one session. If after two weeks to a month and the job still cannot be learned the person needs to be let go."

Postdoctoral Fellow

Person You Work For 4.9 / 5 People You Work With 3.1 / 5 Work Setting 2.1 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1.1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1.1 / 5
Company Culture 2 / 5 Way You Work 2.9 / 5
District Manager

"a very aggressive industry"

What do you like about working at City of Philadelphia?

"the challanges"

What don't you like about working at City of Philadelphia?

"not there anymore"