7 City and County of Denver Reviews

Browse City and County of Denver Reviews by Job Title →
(based on 7 City and County of Denver Review Ratings)
2.7
2.7
City and County of Denver Employee

"Excellent workplace for anyone interested in being a public servant."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
City and County of Denver Employee

"I have been have worked in Technology Services for a few years and we set ourselves apart from the rest of the city thanks to our culture. The people who work in TS are usually happy, very proactive and have a great time while getting the job done. Drawbacks are your typical government hurdles such as red tape and real politics."

City and County of Denver (7)

4.7 Highest Rated in this Industry is City of Santa Ana (6)
3.1 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Bureau of Reclamation (13)
City and County of Denver Employee

"My position at the City and County of Denver, Department of Public Works was truly and literally one of an "in-house consultant" while truly a full time employee of the City and County of Denver. By Job Description, I was hired predominantly because of my extensive and proven Construction Project Management experience. Most in the Public Works group were, and have been, licensed professional engineers, but not directly applying their design skills, rather performing as Project Managers. Some good, some not so good. My job, influence, share, demonstrate, train and perform as needed those project management skills which could be utilized towards improvement of the project metrics of the entire Public Works Department. It went extremely well the first year. Seemed to lose steam and support from the top beyond that year. Accountability not only needs to be professed and advocated, it also needs to be encouraged, practiced and exhibited at every level, even at the top."

Project Planner

"I took the position of Deputy Director of Construction for the Great Hall Renovation at Denver International Airport. The project was to be executed as a P3. The P3 contractor failed to perform and was terminted. CCD changed out their project team and I left with my Supervisor at the time."

Average City and County of Denver Ratings in the Past 2 Years

2013 $2
City and County of Denver Employee

"Definite class distinction and no diversity. BEWARE of the unit you choose to work in, some sections are led by entitled management who have no idea what they’re doing. Beware new and interested applicants to the city attorney’s office. This office uses citizens as temps putting them through the probation period and then dropping them for no cause a few days prior to their probation term being completed. It is horrible for a government office to take tax payer money and dupe citizens into thinking they are retaining stable employment only to drop them a day shy of six months and begin the process all over again with another group of unsuspecting victims. So much for “The People” being our boss, turns out this is just a saying, the actions of management prove the saying is worthless and something just to say to gain false integrity. If you are entering or applying for the city attorney’s office ask the section during your interview about the retention rate, ask them how long the current people have been there, look past that one token employee they claim has been there for 7 years (and if this is a government job, why only seven years) what happened to the person who was in the position you’re interviewing for, why have there recently been several new hires on-boarding at the same time, why are you repeatedly being told “they just didn’t work out”, “we’re restructuring” or “it just wasn’t the right fit” (FYI in toxic units NO ONE fits) why so much turnover CAO, why??"

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
IT Project Manager

"I feel no ill will towards the city, but be wary of the politics."

What do you like about working at City and County of Denver?

"The schedule/hours, the people, the work was gratifying, it felt like you were making a difference."

"If you have a choice, go as a contractor and not as a direct employee, the managers/directors there have far too much power over their directs but not really any over the contractors."

What don't you like about working at City and County of Denver?

"The endless political games, there are too many to navigate, everyone ends up getting caught up in them. Even employees choose sides and spy on eachother's bosses for whomever they're loyal to. Check the legal records, internal lawsuits coming out their ears, code of ethics violations, sexual harrassment, scandals, it's ridiculous."

"Clean house, get rid of your directors and managers who are playing games and not working and get better people, then have them clean house at the lower levels. There are far too many entry levels who come in, do nothing or do poor work and then go home and collect their salaries."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Associate Developer

"I love my work"

What do you like about working at City and County of Denver?

"Development application using c# lenguage, creating reports, support customers doing heat system"

What don't you like about working at City and County of Denver?

"It is strassfull, not always menegment managmen have good understanding about my area of work and bad planning"

"Good planning, permonent work load, more communication with me, better undestending my area of work"