(based on 20 Chesapeake Energy Review Ratings)
in Oklahoma City, OK

"Chesapeake Energy was a great company to work for. It was one of the top 100 places to work when I joined and completely shown through. Chesapeake offered multiple opportunities while I worked there, and gave me leeway to take on challenges head on while still offering management's support. It ought me a lot, and despite being sad to leave, I am excited about the opportunities that my experience gained while working there will bring."

in Oklahoma City, OK

"Great company! Full of new ideas."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5

Chesapeake Energy (29)

4.5 Highest Rated in this Industry is Noble Corp. (7)
3.4 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold (13)
3.6 Average of All Companies in this Industry (401)
in Oklahoma City, OK

"CHK in the past has been in the top 20 greatest places to work in the US. A new CEO has changed that a lot. In my opinion they have went from a great company to just a company. They are definitely not the company that made me make the decision to leave Florida to go to OKC!!"

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in Oklahoma City, OK

"I've worked for Chesapeake Energy for 8 years. It's a great company to work for."

Average Chesapeake Energy Ratings in the Past 3 Years

in Oklahoma City, OK

"Worked at Chesapeake from 2005 till 2013. Phenomenal place to work, but company has gone through top level leadership changes and is under major financial duress. I enjoyed my time working at CHK, but realize it is no longer the same great CHK that I started at 8 years ago."

Person You Work For 3.3 / 5 People You Work With 3.3 / 5 Work Setting 3.3 / 5
Support You Get 3.3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3.3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3.3 / 5
in Oklahoma City, OK

"I have worked for CHK for over 5 years. This is an amazing company that is struggling financially. As part of their reorganization, a layer of management was removed and my team was decreased by 30%."

Systems Analyst
in Oklahoma City, OK

"Was a great company, but going through lay-offs and cut backs."

Person You Work For 2.7 / 5 People You Work With 2.7 / 5 Work Setting 2.7 / 5
Support You Get 2.7 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2.7 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2.7 / 5
Maintenance Technician
in Oklahoma City, OK

"Management and HR are weak to say the least!"

What do you like about working at Chesapeake Energy?

"Salary and Benefits are the Only ones! that's it no more!"

"Run Do Not even consider working for these people!! Unless you like Favoritism, Threats of being fired, Double standards, and racial slurs!"

What don't you like about working at Chesapeake Energy?

"Favoritism, Threats of being fired, Double standardsDon't Believe Fortune 500's Best Places To Work! It Must Be Rigged! As said other reviews Management and HR are weak to say the least! My Coordinator made Racial Slurs about Martin Luther King and about the only black person in our department, on MLK Day! So bad I wouldn't dare type them here! I took it to my Manager and he said he would talk to him. Shortly after my Coordinator was promoted to Supervisor! I asked my manger about this he said I talked to him and told him we need to be good supervisors I filed an Ethics Complaint which was suppose to remain anonymous, it went to HR and immediately all the management in my department began to treat me different, shunning me, talking behind my back, and refusing to even make eye contact with me. HR conducted an investigation, they called several of us in, said not to talk about it to anyone. Immediately I had co-workers coming to me asking me what I had done. After admitting I was the one who filed the complaint, most of them said they backed me up on all the complaints I filed. Yet to this day nothing has changed. I could go on and on with stories, reasons why I am here at Indeed.com. Run Do Not even consider working for these people!"

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
IT Business Analyst
in Oklahoma City, OK

"Had ownership over work, held responsible, and had a very fun culture."

What do you like about working at Chesapeake Energy?

"This company was growing very quickly in a very short amount of time during the 5 years I worked there. There were always multiple projects going on and I thrived on the constant drive to get things done and the excitement of the IT department. We were well rewarded for hard work and were given ownership of what we worked on. The environment was fun, unique, and one of the best companies in Oklahoma City to work for. I was always learning something and always being challenged and was giving the chance for training to further my business analyst skills."

"Be personable, be outgoing, and show off your skills. Its a great company to work for!"

What don't you like about working at Chesapeake Energy?

"At times, there were unrealistic goals the business held you to and corners had to be cut to reach the goals. Once the business realized the solution wasn't as desired, we would have to do rework which i'm sure happens everywhere."

"Some management was micromanagers and I would like to tell them that people work better when they aren't micro managed. Overall, management was very helpful and great."

Administrative Assistant
in Morgantown, WV
Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Contractor
in Oklahoma City, OK

"Chesapeake is in the headlines every week - OK's most morally bankrupt company"

What do you like about working at Chesapeake Energy?

"I liked the work itself, which was standard office duties"

"Be willing to sell your soul. Be willing to sacrifice your self worth and any sense of enjoyment you may wish to gain from a job. Convince yourself that the practices of Chesapeake (take a look at any newspaper/news site for their latest scandal) are acceptable."

What don't you like about working at Chesapeake Energy?

"Everything within Chesapeake buildings are grey, white or black. It is the most bleak, most depressing atmosphere I've ever worked in. Thee is absolutely no sense of company culture. I have no clue how Chesapeake has earned such a good reputation as a company to work for - it was by far the WORST employment experience of my life. We were forced to work in an active construction zone, constantly ruining clothing by having to step in wet paint (!!!!), grout (!!) and other materials. I ruined two pairs of shoes in their gravel (unpaved!!) parking lot. Many people got INJURED simply entering the building (this is an office environment, we aren't field contractors) due to the casual nature of the construction crews. I never once spoke to another co-worker. Seriously, you're not allowed to! No socializing what so over. Everyone is miserable always complaining. The money was decent but it is NOT worth your happiness."

"Allow workers to socialize, get rid of the construction, add some color to your building. I felt like I worked in a mental institution with only grey and white walls!"

Lease Analyst
in Fort Worth, TX
Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 4.9 / 5 Work Setting 4.9 / 5
Support You Get 4.9 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4.9 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Purchaser
in El Reno, OK

"Great place to work during that period of my life."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3.1 / 5
Company Culture 5 / 5 Way You Work 3.9 / 5
Floorhand
Landman
in Fort Worth, TX
Person You Work For 4.9 / 5 People You Work With 4.9 / 5 Work Setting 4.8 / 5
Support You Get 4.8 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4.9 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4.9 / 5