(based on 45 Central Transport Review Ratings)
4.8
4.6
"I have worked for Central Transport for a total of almost 5 years now. I have worked at 3 different terminals and worked my way up from an Operations Manager, to a Terminal Manager, and now I am the Regional Employee Relations Manager. This company is fast paced and ever changing to remain competitive in the market. If you are looking for a career where you will be rewarded based on your performance rather than seniority trumps all, this company is for you. Central Transport will allow you to achieve your professional and salary goals and still have room to surpass them. I truly enjoy my job and refer people in as often as I can when the spots are open."
Posted 3 years ago in Hillside, IL
Central Transport Employee

"I have been with Central transport for 15 years now. If you are looking for a great job with great pay and benefits that also happens to have outstanding people the you owe it to yourself to come in and apply. Our drivers are second to none and with a new fleet and our commitment to excellence it can only get better, come in and see for yourself or simply ask an employee."

Central Transport Employee

"I've been working at Central Transport since 2005. In this time I have had the great fortune to work with some of the best people I have ever had the opportunity to work with. I also got to watch the company grow and change into the formidable business that it is today. The culture here is one of teaching, mentorship and advancement. From our dock crews to our managers and above everyone pitches in to make sure our customers get the service provided them they deserve and expect. We have new tractors, a completely remodeled office area, great benefits and pay. I would suggest to anyone looking for a job and a place to call home to give Central Transport strong consideration. We are growing !!!!!"

Central Transport (66)

4.5 Highest Rated in this Industry is Central Transport (66)
2.1 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Towne Air Freight (11)
Central Transport Employee

"I've worked for Central Transport for almost 2 years and very impressed on the way the company is growing and adding new opportunity for the managers to grow."

Central Transport Employee

"I've worked at Central Transport since 2007. I've witnessed the company grow and change a great deal in this time, and it's all been for the better and to the benefit of everyone who works here. The pay and benefits are good, but it's the people here who make the difference. I highly recommend that you come here if you are looking for a job. You won't be sorry you did."

Average Central Transport Ratings in the Past 2 Years

Central Transport Employee

"I work as a yard jockey, or hostler, and have been here for about a year and a half now. We are in the process of having the office yard and building remodeled. The offices look really nice now and we also have a new employee parking lot as well as new bathrooms. It's pretty cool to see the company investing in its facilities this way. I really like my job; it's fast-paced just the way I like it, and I really like the people I work with. Most everybody is pretty cool. I think I have finally found a company that I want to stay with. And the pay is good too."

in Conley, GA

"I have only been here for a few months but I worked here for about a year one time before. I'm getting all the hours and work that I can as we are very busy--and from the looks of it, this will continue. I like the people that I work with and I am very happy with the 17.00 dollar an hour full-time rate. There is a lot of communication here and we have been told that we will be placed on a 4 on and 3 off schedule or a 3 on and 4 off schedule soon, while getting the same amount of hours. A really good place to be for me."

Central Transport Employee

"I have been here for about three years now and have seen a lot of changes in the short amount of time I have been here. I went full-time last year and gave up the full-time job that I had. It's a really good place to work; it's fast-paced and growing very quickly. Construction crews have been here and have basically remodeled the entire terminal and the yard. When they are done, this is going to be a really nice place. I would recommend to anyone that is looking for a good stable job with good people to try out Central Transport."

Central Transport Employee

"I have worked for Central Transport for 15 years and the bottom line is this: if you are looking for a great company with great pay and benefits, great people and new equipment then this is the place for you. I invite you to check us out or simply ask an employee."

Central Transport Employee

"I have been employed as a supervisor with Central Transport for about eight months. The relationship I have with my fellow employees is better than I've experienced with any of my previous employers. I also feel comfortable speaking with my superiors. If there is an operational issue I'm confident my issue will be heard and a resolution will be reached. Overall, no company is perfect and neither is this one. But over the past eight months, my experience has been positive."

Central Transport Employee

"I've worked for Central Transport for one week and so far I am truly impressed. My manager explained my duties, and within two days I felt comfortable controlling everything on my own. I look forward to growing and learning with Central Transport."

Central Transport Employee

"I have worked at Central Transport for quite a while now. I have watched and participated in many new growth opportunities for the company and its employees. I have witnessed people come in as dock workers and then start driving or moving into a lead position or supervisory spot. I have watched drivers move into management positions such as Terminal Manager over time. Currently, we are breaking new company records weekly for the number of bills picked up, on-time deliveries and pickups, etc. If you truly are a person who wants the opportunity for growth, this is the place."

Central Transport Employee

"I've been with Central Transport for two years now and honestly think that this company will be in the Top Three companies in the LTL industry within five to six years. Everyone I work with here is a good person with a team-oriented attitude. The environment lends itself well to getting things done."

Central Transport Employee

"If you are looking for a great paying job with good benefits and upward mobility then Central Transport is the place you want to be. I have been here for 14 years now and the people here are second to none. we have new equipment, medical, dental, vision and prescription benefits, 401k, paid time off etc... Come in and see us to apply, we are looking for good people who want a place to call home and retire from."

in Norcross, GA

"I came to Central Transport in April of 2018 from a rival carrier. In the time that I have been with this company I have noticed, and appreciate the transparency that the company has with available positions, and the access that you have to anyone that you need to speak with. Everybody that I have had to deal with is more than willing to help and teach you anything that you could want to know. Overall a very good company to work for."

Central Transport Employee

"I've worked for Central Transport since 2013. The company focuses on customer service and employee retention."