Career Menu

525 Buyer Reviews

Buyers give their job an average rating of 3.6 out of 5.0. The Buyers happiest with their jobs are employed by Caterpillar with an average rating of 0.0 while the Buyers least happy with their jobs work for Linkyo with an average rating of 1.0.

Submit a Review
"I like the fast pace and vendor relationships. There is always something to keep you busy. Creating new spreadsheets, and ways to keep all files in order. Constant change with new products and working within the warehouse environment. Sometimes the data can be overwhelming, but I just get up and take a walk to clear my head."
Posted 5 years ago in Garden, MI
Buyer at Indeed.com
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Buyer at Redlands Community Hospital
in Redlands, CA

"In this position especially being a Buyer for the surgery department is exciting and awesome to do, especially being able to work with the staff and surgeons on a daily basis. It has its moments and challenges, especially when everyone is depending on you to have what is needed for the procedures being done that day. There are times issues are unavoidable but you just have to have options available when something does occur and then deal with the issue so it won't occur again. The last thing a surgeon wants to hear with a patient on the table is, " I don't have it here" and " but it wasn't my fault". Every issue that occurs is your fault and you just have to fix it. You get to work with many vendors and you build good relationships with them especially when there is a product unavailable for whatever reason, these vendors can save the day for you. As long as both sides are honest and trust each other then it's all good. You always have those that try to find ways around just to bring in a product and begin making excuses or lies and do things behind your back. Don't ever scratch his back to have yours scratched. It's not worth it and should be considered not worthy as a vendor putting your position at risk for doing something he asks you to do. It can become overwhelming at times but you just have to overcome it. Not only does this position consist of ordering product but also dealing with Accounts Payable on invoice discrepancies and pricing. You also work with the patient billing department on items that have been charged to patients from the O.R. This involves various codes used for reimbursements and correct charges for insurance reasons. They may not be able to distinguish what is implantable versus disposable so they rely on the Buyer to verify. There were other duties and responsibilities I was given to do which made it difficult to accomplish my task as I wish I could. I know I had a lot more that didn't fall under this position and I had minimal support ."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Buyer at OK International
in Garden, MI

Buyer at Genie Industries
in North Bend, WA

"Love: The hunt for items that are needed ASAP, being efficient at your job and helping the company save money because of an idea you thought of. Hate: Nothing, have the support from a programs perspective, it makes a buyer's job harder when your systems are working against the common goal."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Buyer at Georgia-Pacific
in Alcolu, SC

"I love working with suppliers, I love watching the engineering process and knowing that I had a hand in creating the product."

Buyer at B. Braun Medical

"Now a days is hard to find a buyer position with the right tools and management."

Buyer at Balboa Water Group
in Tustin, CA

"I love negotiating pricing and saving company money, working with all departments. Helping others get the product they need on a timely manner. I can't say I hate something, if I think I hate it, this would become a challenge to make it work for me and others."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Buyer at TW Metals
in Exton, PA

"I love being able to negotiate. There isn't much of that going on anymore as someone from a higher level does that now. What I hate is the same thing over and over day in and day out. There are no challenges anymore."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Buyer at Eaton
in Horseheads, NY

"I love the interaction with the suppliers in the buyer position. I also enjoyed the day to day inventory management. The things that I did not like were not being able to learn and progress from the position and that when there were issues that they were often not dealt with as quickly as I would have preferred by some of my suppliers."

Buyer at Rockwell Automation
in Milwaukee, WI

"I like the continual challenges of being a buyer. There are never two days that are the same, there is always some new obstacle or problem to solve. Overall at Rockwell my supply base was international (Europe & Asia) I loved the constant interaction with people from other parts of the world."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Buyer at INOXCVA
in Baytown, TX

"I loved the satisfaction I felt when I could help in getting my customers their parts when they needed them, a lot of times they were broken down in the field and I would have to troubleshoot the problem and get the parts out to them, the next day, depending on where they were.The part I hated was when I couldn't get the parts out immediately, but my customer knew that I exhausted all avenues to get them what they needed as quickly as I could and they were happy knowing I tried."

Buyer at Oklahoma City Community College
in Oklahoma City, OK

"Being a buyer means creating new contacts, meeting a plethora of new people and using your brain throughout the day. It is a position I have held for years and one that I absolutely could do for the rest of my life."

Buyer at Dillard's
in Arlington, TX

"Relationship building, fast paced, trend-watching."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
You can cancel email alerts at any time.
Got it! Your job alert was created
Jobs You Might Like