On average, employees at Bright Horizons give their company a 3.2 rating out of 5.0 - which is 17% lower than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Bright Horizons employees are Office Managers submitting an average rating of 4.3.

(based on 15 Bright Horizons Review Ratings)
2.6
Bright Horizons Employee

"Great to start long hours cliches and favoritism with very little little pay and little to no respect."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 1 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
TUITION SPECIALIST

"EdLink has been acquired by Bright Horizons and was a work from home environment. Upper management rarely takes responsibility for company shortfalls in regards to the technology it invested in to get the job done, and sales. In my time with the company, we always seem to have one hand tied around our backs while trying to achieve and exceed our goals."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5

Bright Horizons (21)

4.6 Highest Rated in this Industry is USADATA (9)
2.4 Lowest Rated in this Industry is OrthoNet (6)
Bright Horizons Employee
in Watertown, MA

"IT organization is just window dressing for IPO purposes. Best practices are not being implemented well."

Person You Work For 2.7 / 5 People You Work With 2.7 / 5 Work Setting 2.7 / 5
Support You Get 2.7 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2.7 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2.7 / 5
Senior Regional Property Manager
in Watertown, MA

"Bright Horizons has a wonderful company philosophy for their clients and employees. Women are the majority of employees in the company however the top positions are held by men. I believe this leads to a glass ceiling for those women who which to strive professional in construction, insurance and IT departments."

Person You Work For 2.7 / 5 People You Work With 2.7 / 5 Work Setting 2.7 / 5

Average Bright Horizons Ratings in the Past 3 Years

2012 $2
2013 $2
Teacher

"Great at first then slowly decreased."

What do you like about working at Bright Horizons?

"Love the children especially watching them reach their milestones and growing up."

"Be ready to work long hours, do lots of paperwork and physical labor."

What don't you like about working at Bright Horizons?

"Management plays favorites, tells you one thing and does another. Co teachers are often bossy instead of working together and hardly appreciate the help. Pay is low for the long hours and grueling work we do. Instead of telling us about new openings they tell us we should know. Management hires new staff and can barely manage hours for workers who have been there longer."

"Better management of time between teachers without backlash, more teacher appreciation, higher pay."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Compliance Coordinator
in Crystal Lake, IL

What do you like about working at Bright Horizons?

"I enjoy working independently from home and the work can be challenging."

"play the game with management if you want to go anywhere"

What don't you like about working at Bright Horizons?

"There is a lack of real leadership and the company is disorganized and indecisive."

"I would implement management training an improve communications. treat employees more respectfully."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Customer Service Representative
in Broomfield, CO

What do you like about working at Bright Horizons?

"Testing software for the short period of time I was allowed to. Otherwise the job was excruciating."

"Don't interview with this company. It is an aweful place to work. If you want a job for about 3 months, then this may be a temporary solution (if you are REALLY desperate). But if you are there longer than that, you will understand why people are complaining about the management (specifically). If you really want to work here anyway, then tell them you are looking for a long term position. It might be a lie, but it is only one in comparison to the thousands you will be told by them. Dont believe them when they say their famous lie we are not the typical call center. They are the stereotypical call center in every way, especially the bad ones."

What don't you like about working at Bright Horizons?

"The management outright lies to the employees and when they are caught in lies, they always point fingers elsewhere. They hire managers right off the street with no phone experience instead of hiring from within. The right hand has no idea what the left hand is doing. The HR department is untrustworthy and underhanded. They concentrate on insignificant things and blow them out of proportion, and then things that should have attention are regarded as too difficult to deal with so avoid it instead. There are way too many bad things about this company to list here. I could write a book about the experiences that I have had to drudge through on a daily basis, and this is all an understatment."

"Treat my employees with respect and I would not foget about them contantly. When a one year review is due, don't wait until higher management is finally threatened 6 months later. Be more positive and motivate emloyees with meaningful motivational tools, not just food. Recognize employees that do a good job, not ignore them or not listen to them when they have good ideas."

Customer Service Representative
in Broomfield, CO

"I was treated disrespectfully on a daily basis. Awful place to work."

What do you like about working at Bright Horizons?

"The opportunity I was given to test the new software."

"Don't interview with this company. It will be something you will regret, guaranteed. Maybe not instantly, but it will happen. Go be in a movie filmed in someone's basement before lowering your standards and subjecting yourself to this company."

What don't you like about working at Bright Horizons?

"Disrespectful management. Never told about a good job, but only told about mistakes. Micromanaged. Flaky and dishonest managers, supervisors, and HR are shady and underhanded. The medical benefits are useless."

"Hire managers from within, not off the street with no phone experience. Treat employees with respect. Do not put management's blame on other people, take some responsibility. Learn HOW to be a manager BEFORE becoming one."

Teaching Assistant
Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4.4 / 5
Company Culture 5 / 5 Way You Work 4.8 / 5
Administrative Assistant
Person You Work For 4.8 / 5 People You Work With 4.8 / 5 Work Setting 4.9 / 5
Support You Get 4.9 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4.8 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4.8 / 5
Teacher
in Kent, WA
Person You Work For 4.1 / 5 People You Work With 4.4 / 5 Work Setting 4.2 / 5
Support You Get 4.7 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4.9 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2.5 / 5
Office Manager
Person You Work For 3.5 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Associate Teacher
Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 3.9 / 5 Work Setting 4.9 / 5
Support You Get 3.9 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Center Director
in Apex, NC
Person You Work For 4.7 / 5 People You Work With 4.9 / 5 Work Setting 4.8 / 5
Support You Get 4.7 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4.7 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4.6 / 5