45 Blizzard Entertainment Reviews

Browse Blizzard Entertainment Reviews by Job Title →
(based on 35 Blizzard Entertainment Review Ratings)
Assistant BIIS Manager

"I have worked at Blizzard Entertainment Korea for 14 years. Over the years I have focused on building a wide range of expertise in systems migration, design, management, and business analysis. The Blizzard Entertainment Korea is located in Seoul and employs around 300. Headquarter office is located in Irvine."

Blizzard Entertainment Employee

"Great company but pay rate was not given for veteran or senior QA."

Blizzard Entertainment (45)

4.3 Highest Rated in this Industry is MTV Networks (50)
2.6 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Tait Towers (6)
Blizzard Entertainment Employee

"I have been with Blizzard for over thirteen years now. I have watched it grow from under 500 employees to the giant that it is today. I have seen great and terrible times with the company. They are making outwardly questionable decisions and have cut off upward mobility for my department. The reduction in staff continues to be a pain point and is a big contributing factor to people moving away from the company."

Recruiting Coordinator

"I've worked as a recruiting coordinator for Blizzard Entertainment as a temp employee for about 3 months. Work was FUN! The culture was great! The people were ALL very genuine and supportive. We were encouraged to play games during our breaks!! I highly recommend working here!"

Average Blizzard Entertainment Ratings in the Past 3 Years

"I don't want to leave any comments about my current company for the job application process"

Blizzard Entertainment Employee

"Of my current employer? This is new. Working for Blizzard Entertainment has really changed my view of IT and content delivery in general. With the growth of my role over the last 12.5 years, I've been able to have my hands in global services and figuring out ways to implement burgeoning tech while dancing on the razor wire of security. If you know our brand, you'll know that secrecy and data security are of the utmost importance to us. Finding ways to keep our developers happy and on the leading edge of tech while not compromising our security stance has always been a constant challenge for us as an IT leadership team. Let's say we implemented our own cloud-based capabilities for our developers and regional offices without needing to depend on public-facing services. The best part about this organic (and hard fought!) approach was that as Microsoft, Amazon and Google became more robust in their product offerings, we already know how to demarcate which usage patterns were allowable for what service and why. I'm a big fan of keeping end-users not only informed, but at the forefront of both new homegrown technology, and incorporating public options into our space. We provide and maintain the services or access to said services. But ultimately, our end users are what we're here for. My entire career, I've been end-user driven, and it's been monumental to achieve the growth and understanding of my capabilities in such a dynamic, fast-paced, rewarding environment. I love my current company, I have for most of my life. And I always will. Four stars because I don't believe in perfection as a rule."

User Interface Designer

"I worked for Blizzard Entertainment for 16 1/2 years. It was an amazing place to work, and I would absolutely recommend it for anyone interested in making quality video games. Their campus is phenomenal, their benefits and events are fun and engaging. Their culture is one of the best I have had the chance to experience."

in Glenwood Springs, CO

"Terrible management. Been in business for over 20 years but on downward spiral. Be aware."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Blizzard Entertainment Employee

"I have worked for Blizzard for almost a year and I must say it is one of the best places to work. The company lifestyle is one that I wish all places would adopt. The pay on the other hand is less than what I would like it to be. Unless you are part of one of the Dev teams, you will not be paid what you are worth for this area of Cali."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Blizzard Entertainment Employee

"Blizzard is a great company to work for. The buildings just ooze creativity and the atmosphere is infectious. The benefits are great but they could be a little more competitive on salary for the caliber of developers they employ. Internal competition is fierce! You must operate at the top of your game at all times."

Blizzard Entertainment Employee

"My educational background and original career path was in Information Technology and Support, but I have chosen my current line of work when I saw an opportunity to work for an industry leader in the video game business."

Blizzard Entertainment Employee

"Working at Blizzard is a dream job for a lot of people. But if you're not as starstruck, and really looking to make a difference you may find the job incredibly frustrating."

in Laguna Hills, CA

"Great company!! Really do a great job of taking care of their employees."

"An excellent place to work with opportunities to move up if you have the skills."

Blizzard Entertainment Employee

"Great company to work for. Well staffed and friendly people. Really knowledgeable and well trained."