2.5
(based on 1 Avon Protection Systems Review Rating)
Avon Protection Systems Employee
in Belcamp, MD

"I left an industry leader to work for Avon Protection Systems in a related market. I was so excited about this opportunity but wasn't able to shine or take the reigns. I was watching the commercial side of the business slowly dwindle as our distribution partners lost respect for the company which was the lifeline of the business. Also, if there were an HR person on site upper mgmt. would have been fired. It lacks proof, the know how and the arrogance vs. the U.S. personnel is unbelievable."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Marketing Manager
in Belcamp, MD

"Excellent product but needs alot of work on acceptanceof how to penetrate the U.S. Marketplace."

What do you like about working at Avon Protection Systems?

"I was in charge of the Domestic penetration of the product on the Commercial side. Was very excited to have this opportunity."

"Ask many questions to see if this is the right fit and go in with a contract of at least a year of employment."

What don't you like about working at Avon Protection Systems?

"I didn't have a chance due to the economy to really show the results of the plans I put together."

"Understand and accept the feedback of the clilents and channels that they are working with. They are the biggest Allie and not your enemy. This company has great potential to grow but needs toget rid of the internal sitations and be more systematic in their approach. This will gain more credibility internally as well as externally."

2.5
Avon Protection Systems (3)

4.4 Highest Rated in this Industry is Oviso Manufacturing (6)
2.2 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Hit Promotional Products (6)
Plant Engineer
in Zeeland, MI

"Implement Lean Manufacturing & ALWAYS strive toward Continuous Improvement."

What do you like about working at Avon Protection Systems?

"As a self-starter, you have complete freedom to lead the team and show accomplishments, growth, and creativity."

"Enjoy the UK Company. They bring a great perspective to manufacturing and are very willing to help their personnel grow, take on responsibility, very friendly, family oriented, require the whatever it takes attitude to achieve their goals, and highly recommended for all the above. Great company!!!"

What don't you like about working at Avon Protection Systems?

"The uncertainty about the future expectations of getting a large contract with the military which is part of being an entrepreneurial company in the U.S. selling new style of face masks."

"Set the long-term goals in Strategical Planning and stick with it. That is why the goals or objectives are established for business and personnel growth. Otherwise, personnel will start quitting if they do not see long-term career planning. Then the company loses the talent that they gained and have to start all over again with new people. Also, Continuously strive for improvement and go for ISO or QS Certification, or whatever Certification is appropriate for defining standardization in processes, methods, and training. Quality is maintained with standardization. Also go with Lean Manufacturing and get rid of the 7 types of wastes. As a suggestion as well, excellent forecasting is vital in determining and planning for future growth, manpower planning, space utilization inside the plant, capacity planning, and costing purposes."