On average, employees at ARAMARK give their company a 3.6 rating out of 5.0 - which is 5% lower than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest ARAMARK employees are Director of HRs submitting an average rating of 5.0 and Purchasing Managers with a rating of 4.6.

(based on 314 ARAMARK Review Ratings)
"The Financial Shared Services building is a great place to be! Jobs are opening up and they encourage hiring from within. The leaders really know how to choose the right people because the atmosphere is one of bliss. I enjoy the people. There are a variety of work to do, from tedious to complex so there is a lot to choose from. Lastly, I've had several managers and supervisors and I have not one complaint against them. They have all been open about developing me as a leader and encourage casual conversations in order to build multi-dimensional relationship."
Posted 4 years ago
in Lowell, MA

"Ok so these people do not care for their Employees most of us are doing 3 jobs at a time and not getting payed for it. Also there is a person that knows the General manager that thinks she is the boss and tries telling people how to do their jobs and nothing is said to her (Tara).And she also gets whatever she wants and everyone else has to fight for what they want even days off."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in Lowell, MA

"I work for this crap company they don't give a crap about you personally or otherwise God forbid a family member dies they don't even offer you time to grieve they just want you to keep working,and then they say oh how are you ...yeah ok buddy I know you don't care so STFU. These people only care about themselves and nothing else something has to change. Oh and soon they are going to have a group of people leave I hear they are already looking for other jobs."

ARAMARK (521)

4.4 Highest Rated in this Industry is OSI Consulting (5)
2.9 Lowest Rated in this Industry is AVI Foodsystems (12)
in Lowell, MA

"These people only care about one thing, lining their own pockets. They don't care about their employees, if you are looking for a job do not apply here, all they will do is use and abuse you and not even offer more money for your hard work. Then they hire people for jobs that should have been offered to current employees. Communication between management and staff is non existent. This company is a joke to work for and from what I see always will be unless they make some changes."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
in Burbank, CA

"Worked for Aramark Uniform Services over 25 years and the last 4 before I was let go were terrible, due mainly to leadership from the President down. Customers came last and price increases and margins were everything. Employee morale was horrible and leadership untrustworthy. Not sure how they keep winning awards when every survey given has more employees unhappy at their positions. If you cross the President or contradict his dictatorship you are removed. New ideas are stagnated to the point people just stick their head in the sand so they don’t get it cut off. Very sad past few years but glad I am now out. It was a great company at one time."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5

Average ARAMARK Ratings in the Past 4 Years

in Monmouth, IL

"Female director is horrible. She down talks everyone, is passive aggressive and never has the schedule done on time, and when she does have it done it's the employees responsibility to let other coworkers know if they are scheduled. She doesn't care about anything or anyone and makes employees take care of major events and catering while she goes home by 5 pm every night. She has even made fun of our LGBT employees to their face and laughed about it. How this woman still has her job is beyond me."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Upper Darby, PA

"I have been working for Aramark for a very long, long time. I have known for sure that no one cares. You have a so called management team of three people, the director and 2 managers. I cannot believe the female staff are still there about almost 20 years and they do not have a clue what is going on. I guess they have fooled the higher ups all this time. The one female manager under the director is such a horrible person that she is the talk of the entire school district. I cannot believe that a human being can even talk to people the way she does. She is a very horrible person that should never be in her position."

in Arkadelphia, AR

"Lowest pay, does not follow through, not happy."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Belmont, MI

"So you really wanna apply for Aramark trust me don't! If I had a way to give it zero stars I would."

in San Antonio, TX

"Great program. Will learn a lot but be prepared to be used! If you're not into food services, save yourself some time and don't do it."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
in Bentonville, AR

"First, all of the management treats you like a child. They have poor communicating skills, one manager will tell you to do something and the other says something different. No matter how hard and fast you work, they will make you feel like a failure. They say they're all about "team work" but when it comes down to it, they don't give a crap. The managers have their "favorites",and the other workers get the heavier work load with very little help. Also, they complain if we were to clock out right at our scheduled time off. Even if I were to ask my boss a simple question, she turns it into an argument. With her raising her voice and talking down to me. Aramark sucks. Do not work for this company. The only thing good about it, is the hours. I dread going to work everyday and being mistreated. One more thing, they follow you around and nitpick every little thing."

in Indianapolis, IN

"I have worked for the company for 3 years now and it is horrible!! The turnover rate is so high that I have trained a total of 30 cashiers in that time. Management treats you like children and sits on their butts all day collecting their check. They like to micro manage and defiantly will fire you for petty things. They are discriminatory to all races and disabilities. Knew a girl who worked with me who lost her child, and all they cared about was when she was returning to work that week. Our boss is a sociopath and defiantly unqualified for the position she holds. She can't even tell me if I have vacation time. They care about sales overall and not the customers. Our boss has yelled at customers before, before finding a solution to their problems. They cut corners by buying cheap food and the waste is horrendous. They would rather you throw it away than take it home or give it away. We are often bullied by the bosses! This is by far the worst company I have ever worked for. Do not work for this company unless they are union!! THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU!!!"

in Northampton, PA

"Bullying is the norm everyday. Name calling, foul language, and I've even been growled at for leaving at my scheduled time while coming in to help on my day off. Employees can be lazy and spiteful. Pay is horrendous especially for what you have to put up with day to day. Now, I'm trying to get a W2 and they put my SSN on a different employees file. I try and call corporate or HR but all the numbers have been disconnected or changed. Oh and we give out spoiled food to elementary and middle school kids all while throwing away pounds upon pounds of perfectly good food."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
in San Francisco, CA

"Management plays favoritism and gives lighter workloads and best projects to pet employees. Many staff are disgruntled, leading to frequent staff turnovers.Training is nearly nonexistent and poor when given."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Fort Lauderdale, FL

"Management does not have a clue. Do not work for this company, they only care about making money...."

Student Worker
in Orlando, FL

"Working at the dining hall at UCF owned by Aramark has been the worst work experience. The management is horrible. The supervisors, the ones I interact with daily are fine, however the general management are the worst managers. They are completely unorganized and undermining. They have very juvenile antics that even as a student worker I know is unprofessional. I would not recommend this job to anyone."