(based on 45 Ameriprise Financial Review Ratings)
in Glendale, CA

"I was a full time employee at the Glendale, CA location. I have had plenty of full-time jobs and in different industries. This was by far the worst ever. My boss/the broker was a narcissist who played favorites. My coworker was a real jerk who was always late, always disrespectful, and always obnoxious. My boss didn’t care. She was a very poor manager. When I got sick and had to take medical leave, she fired me. If you’re looking for job security and consistency, you won’t find it at the Glendale, CA location. You will work overtime and not get paid. You will get fired if you get sick. And I don’t mean a simple doctors note. I mean, real, legitimate medical issues where the state certifies it as well. The lady/the broker that has posted an assistant/operations manager position is someone with no conscience. She is the boss that I worked for. My job is now available because she can’t control her emotions. She will fire you just because you are on medical leave and because she “has a nervous breakdown”, which will be at least twice a week. Good luck dealing with her and her uncontrollable emotions. I wouldn’t recommend even my worst enemy to work at the Glendale, CA location. It’s no wonder she is losing her clients on a daily basis. They can tell what a shipwreck she is. And good luck dealing with the coworker you will be sharing a room with. When I say he is obnoxious, rude, and psychotic, trust me there, words are nothing. My description is an understatement. He is the worst coworker ever, who will break all boundaries and to be honest is in many ways the reason her clients are leaving on a daily basis. Unfortunately for her, she doesn’t yet know who the real problem is. She thought that by firing me she would feel relaxed, but she doesn’t know the real devil is still working for her. Good luck to anyone who thinks they can work at the Glendale, CA location. Only two employees working there."

Break Fix Technician
in Minneapolis, MN

"My experience with Ameriprise has been rewarding. I learned a lot regarding their protocol and support platform. Ameriprise is a high profile company and it was a pleasure to be a part of their team. I was especially appreciative of Rick Stensrud, the lead technician for the group. He allowed me the opportunities to resolve problems and support the technology in the building and other sites."

Ameriprise Financial (83)

4.6 Highest Rated in this Industry is 411 Locals (6)
2.2 Lowest Rated in this Industry is David Lerner Associates (11)
SQL Developer
in Minneapolis, MN

"Nice place to work in Ameriprise,"

in Minneapolis, MN

"Great company, especially for clients. If you find your ideal team or position, you could be here for literally decades, which is great for many people."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5

Average Ameriprise Financial Ratings in the Past 3 Years

IT Engineer
in Saint Paul, MN

"This company absolutely doesn't understand how economy works and the core responsibility of IT. The major issues is how the business thinks. They except you to be a servant, work 24/7, and be knowledgeable of everything they do. Lazy assholes run the company. Do not invest here and do not work here."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Minneapolis, MN

"I worked in Cognizant technology solutions since Jan 2011."

in Madison, WI

"Very well positioned regional broker/dealer. Good management team."

Person You Work For 3.7 / 5 People You Work With 3.7 / 5 Work Setting 3.7 / 5
Support You Get 3.7 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3.7 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3.7 / 5

What do you like about working at Ameriprise Financial?

"The people were friendly, work was generally enjoyable and the pay was great. We had a great reputation in our city and the company was well respected."

"You will want to be energetic and be able to speak with a high degree of intellect of not only the company iteself, but also current economic and investment trends."

What don't you like about working at Ameriprise Financial?

"The immediate team I worked with were family and always cliques formed. It was very difficult presenting new ideas and the roles of our team were very segregated where in this industry you need to be able to overlap, but have core competencies."

"Listen to your employees and provide an inviting atmosphere to provide ideas. A reward system would be a good idea."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 1 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in Minneapolis, MN

"A trial by fire learning system"

What do you like about working at Ameriprise Financial?

"The Sales trainers passion for making successful reps to add to their success"

"This company has a hire and fire business going on and cattle call hiring process"

What don't you like about working at Ameriprise Financial?

"The unethical foundation of the business model as a result of illegal trading techniques"

"To have more one on one time with their employees to keep them on their team instead of letting them fail and during that time looking for a new body"

Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Regional Director
in Culver City, CA

What do you like about working at Ameriprise Financial?

"Flexibility, autonomy, resources, scale, growth, colleagues, travel, remuneration, reputation, authority"

"It's generally a good place to work, but it won't stretch or challenge you too much"

What don't you like about working at Ameriprise Financial?

"The beauracracy can be stifling, the pace of change is too slow, and we are being left behind"

"Get out of the way, allow others to have their input, encourage debate"

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Associate Financial Advisor

What do you like about working at Ameriprise Financial?

"Stability. Moderate Pay. Moderate Prestige. Convenient Location. I am able to use mass transit to commute."

"This business is for people who can sell. If that is not you, then you should find something else."

What don't you like about working at Ameriprise Financial?

"Very little hope of advancement if you are not sales oriented."

"I would hire additional staff and place more emphasis on growth."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Compliance Officer
in Minneapolis, MN

"Solid place to begin a career, but future growth opportunities limited"

What do you like about working at Ameriprise Financial?

"In you are looking for an entry into the world of financial services, Ameriprise is an excellent place to begin a career. Training and personal development are top notch at the entry level to mid management positions, and its possible to gain a great deal of experience by moving within the firm's many business lines."

"If possible, make a connection with a current employee of the firm so you can be referred with an open position. Referrals are taken pretty seriously at Ameriprise and candidates who were recommended by existing employees often get looked at first."

What don't you like about working at Ameriprise Financial?

"Upon reaching a middle management level position, additional career growth is pretty limited. Upper level positions (VP and above) are often filled through external searches and compensation packages are based on midwest salary data (low compared to East / West coast firms). As a result, the firm pays a premium to replace lost talent instead of promoting from within and paying more competatively."

"If the greatest asset of the firm is its people (a stated value of management in company materials), it would be wise to increase that investment to retain talent and promote from within for higher level positions as opposed to getting talent walk out the door and paying more to replace with some hot prospect from outside the firm."

Customer Service Coach

What do you like about working at Ameriprise Financial?

"The salary/pay is good. They have a cafeteria and store in the building."

"Think of lots of examples scenarios that talk about your work habits and experience."

What don't you like about working at Ameriprise Financial?

"Control hungry boss. My coworkers are Slow learners. Procedures and policies are unclear. They expect a lot but put in very little effort. There are negative personalities."

"Combine some teams and make managers learn how to process the work. Bring clarity on the responsibility of each team/project."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
in Boca Raton, FL

"An excellent place to learn the industry"

What do you like about working at Ameriprise Financial?

"The stated willingness to develop and mentor new talent in the industry"

"Make sure that this is the industry that you are passionate about. Talk to others in the industry first."

What don't you like about working at Ameriprise Financial?

"The lack of follow through in talent development and moving the talent to the next level"

"I believe the management is now reassessing their approach to employee development which is exactly what they need"

Department Vice President
in Minneapolis, MN

"Great environment and employer"

What do you like about working at Ameriprise Financial?

"I like working with the advisors and the integrity of the advisors"

"Be true to yourself and to them in terms of your expectations, limitations and abilities."

What don't you like about working at Ameriprise Financial?

"Some of my superiors didn't know the Life Insurance business"

"Only hire people for the Insurnace division that KNOW Insurance."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5