(based on 222 American Red Cross Review Ratings)
"It was a great company to work for. They took the time to teach me many different aspects of the Human Resources department as well as different aspects of the company and the business world. I was able to create a carpool program for employees. They gave me freedom to make decisions and allowed me to develop my own spreadsheets and information databases. I would recommend this internship to any one that wants to learn."
Posted 6 years ago in Pomona, CA
in Salt Lake City, UT

"I've worked for the American Red Cross for more than 4 years. They are great with work/life balance but could use more help in promoting from within."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in Richmond, VA

"The Green is a wonderful organization with a passion to help people. They truly care about their employees and want the best for their career growth. There is a feeling of family with co-workers and the days fly, never feeling like you're watching the clock until 5pm. It is a wonderful place to work!"

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5

American Red Cross (342)

4.8 Highest Rated in this Industry is NFP (8)
1.9 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Kids II (6)
Armed Forces Manager
in Sacramento, CA

"I have worked for the American Red Cross for 6 years. The Red Cross is a great place to work, Great Mission and great people to work with. The company is flexible with working from home. It is a non profit, salaries are low and pay increases are between 1-3% per year."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Washington, DC

"The american red cross is embracing data science but is at an early stage of development. Utilization of current technologies will take time."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5

Average American Red Cross Ratings in the Past 4 Years

in Washington, DC

"I've worked for the Red Cross for two years. It's a great place to work with a meaningful purpose."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Phlebotomist
in Springfield, MO

"I do not wish to disclose this information."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
in North Charleston, SC

"A very toxic work environment that starts at the leadership level."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Executive Coordinator
in Fairfax, VA

"I work at American red cross for 4 months now. Great culture. Great team and great work environment. Salaries are not the best. Benefits are very poor. 10 days pto and very expensive pmo health plans"

Data Visualization Analyst
in Fairfax, VA

"I've worked as a contractor with an American recross national headquarters as a Data Visualization analyst. American red cross is a great place to work on my relationship with managers and coworkers is very good. unfortunately, I am a contractor and my contract ends on October 2019."

in Pomona, CA

"Everything is good! it is difficult to move up."

in Douglasville, GA

"If you are looking for a company where you can grow, they treat you like humans and appreciate you, American Red Cross in Douglasville is NOT the place. They treat you like criminals, bark orders at you, have the worst and outdated equipment, and the morale is the worst. I worked there for a few months and I had to quit. Management is quick to criticize you and point out everything you have done wrong but very slow to give a compliment on what you have done right. They spend thousands on cameras but give 35 cents raise. Morale is awful, 99% of the employees are unhappy. There's no growth and the employees are stuck doing the same thing for years. The turnover is very high. Do yourself a favor and find employment elsewhere."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Manchester, NH

"This is the worst place I have ever worked! The management is a joke, they have employees getting high before, after and during blood drives. You get worked like a dog, the pay is pathetic. One day you will be at a long blood drive and not get home until 10:00 PM, then have to report to the site early the next day. I used to be a donor but since working for the Red Cross, I will never in a million years donate to them again."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Louisville, KY

"If you are looking for a job where you can sit down comfortably, do your given job tasks and go home, this is not the job for you. The work environment here is very extremely hostile. Depending upon the shift, they hire some very rude, disrespectful people. The majority of the caseworkers are females, who gossip in the workplace with the supervisors. The supervisors address their employees in a very unprofessional manner. Forget trying to simply to your job, you can just forget it. While you are trying to do your given work, you will be harassed and intimidated many times, making it very difficult to complete your tasks.They don't do anything to accommodate the employees, such as give them a place to be seated. If you make a complaint about this treatment, you are ignored. Workplace bullying and harassment takes place there regularly and when it is brought to the supervisors attention, they turn a blind eye to it. The training you get from them is very poor, therefore you are left in the dark many times. They practice favoritism regularly, I personally watched a woman flirting daily with a supervisor (a married man) and he moved her job position up very quickly. I would not recommend this job for anyone, it is the absolute worst depending upon the shift. There is one shift in particular in which you will be completely treated like a dog or a third class citizen. The psychological games they will play on you are disgusting. I will never recommend anyone I know and love to work in such a hostile work environment."

in Grand Island, NE

"The American Red Cross used to be a great place to work but now management doesn't care about their employees, and our benefits are terrible. Bad employees aren't disciplined and get away with their behavior."

Financial Analyst
in Washington, DC

"Large, fantastic volunteer basis. DOCC is a little disorganized."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5