On average, employees at American Red Cross give their company a 3.9 rating out of 5.0 - which is equal to the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest American Red Cross employees are Communications Specialists submitting an average rating of 4.9 and Volunteers with a rating of 4.7.

(based on 226 American Red Cross Review Ratings)
"I've worked for Red Cross for 7 years in a couple different roles, and although we have the same problems many nonprofits have (too much work and not enough staff), we have an amazing group of staffers on the chapter side who really care about the mission and know what they're doing. Our local CEO is great, and I am a supporter of our national CEO as well. The blood services side is undergoing crazy changes, though -- I wouldn't recommend applying to any jobs on that side until at least 2017."
Posted 5 years ago in Los Angeles, CA
Talent Acquisition Administrator
in Washington, DC

"I worked for the American Red Cross for 9.5 years. Great organization that allows one to make a difference in the communities they serve. Company employs 10K plus people w/ 10x as many volunteers all over the world."

Collections Technician
in Cheektowaga, NY

"I really enjoy working for the Red Cross. They hire all different kinds of people, so besides saving lives, you learn about all of their cultures. In the end we are a huge family getting together to help the world and all of those that need this blood. It's so satisfying, coming home from a long day at work and knowing that blood can be going to someone who was in a car accident or those platelets going to a child with cancer. It's a great feeling."

American Red Cross (346)

4.8 Highest Rated in this Industry is NFP (9)
1.9 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Kids II (6)
in Richland, WA

"I have worked for the American Red Cross for 2 years. I moved up quickly, and gained a lot of experience, but it is a "young man's job" where the schedule and the tasks and the environment get tiring after a short time. It is a great place to get started, but it is not somewhere I would want to be permanently."

in Salt Lake City, UT

"I've worked for the American Red Cross for more than 4 years. They are great with work/life balance but could use more help in promoting from within."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5

Average American Red Cross Ratings in the Past 4 Years

in Richmond, VA

"The Green is a wonderful organization with a passion to help people. They truly care about their employees and want the best for their career growth. There is a feeling of family with co-workers and the days fly, never feeling like you're watching the clock until 5pm. It is a wonderful place to work!"

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Armed Forces Manager
in Sacramento, CA

"I have worked for the American Red Cross for 6 years. The Red Cross is a great place to work, Great Mission and great people to work with. The company is flexible with working from home. It is a non profit, salaries are low and pay increases are between 1-3% per year."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Washington, DC

"The american red cross is embracing data science but is at an early stage of development. Utilization of current technologies will take time."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
in Washington, DC

"I've worked for the Red Cross for two years. It's a great place to work with a meaningful purpose."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Phlebotomist
in Springfield, MO

"I do not wish to disclose this information."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
Team Supervisor
in Portland, OR

"I have worked with for the American Red Cross since 2019. It is an organization that is very passionate about helping those in need. I have truly enjoyed my time growing there professionally and personally."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
in North Charleston, SC

"A very toxic work environment that starts at the leadership level."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Executive Coordinator
in Fairfax, VA

"I work at American red cross for 4 months now. Great culture. Great team and great work environment. Salaries are not the best. Benefits are very poor. 10 days pto and very expensive pmo health plans"

Data Visualization Analyst
in Fairfax, VA

"I've worked as a contractor with an American recross national headquarters as a Data Visualization analyst. American red cross is a great place to work on my relationship with managers and coworkers is very good. unfortunately, I am a contractor and my contract ends on October 2019."

in Pomona, CA

"Everything is good! it is difficult to move up."

in Douglasville, GA

"If you are looking for a company where you can grow, they treat you like humans and appreciate you, American Red Cross in Douglasville is NOT the place. They treat you like criminals, bark orders at you, have the worst and outdated equipment, and the morale is the worst. I worked there for a few months and I had to quit. Management is quick to criticize you and point out everything you have done wrong but very slow to give a compliment on what you have done right. They spend thousands on cameras but give 35 cents raise. Morale is awful, 99% of the employees are unhappy. There's no growth and the employees are stuck doing the same thing for years. The turnover is very high. Do yourself a favor and find employment elsewhere."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5