(based on 160 American Airlines Review Ratings)
Station Trainer
in Oklahoma City, OK

"Helped startup with all new management and team. Was in charge of creating policy and procedure to facilitate and maintain a safe and efficient environment. Leadership was incredibly helpful in answering any questions and guiding me to the most knowledgeable individuals for any problems I may have. They were very professional and caring towards all team, I appreciated it."

American Airlines Employee

"Best job on earth! I’ve loved every second of being a flight attendant."

American Airlines (241)

4.6 Highest Rated in this Industry is Home Finance of America (17)
2.2 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Cottonwood Financial (5)
American Airlines Employee

"One of the highest paying mechanic jobs you can get. Starting pay is $32 an hour and top out is Just under $60 an hour after 7 years. Health benefits, free-flying benefits, 401k that’s if you put 5% the company will put over 7% of their own money. Overtime is paid as double time and a half so 2.5 times your normal hourly pay. Includes holiday pay and anything over 40hrs a week. Pay is bi-weekly. AA Credit union is really good too. Paid sick time rolls over every year until you hit the cap of 1,300 sick hours. You also get 5 weeks of paid vacation time per year once you have enough seniority. If you’re a hard worker, well-spoken, knowledgeable, willing to learn, never late then is this a great company to work for."

in Fort Worth, TX

"They do not support you truly."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5

Average American Airlines Ratings in the Past 4 Years

Flight Attendant

"I have worked for American Airlines for 2 years and loved every second."

in Fort Worth, TX

"The company is a great place to work. The culture has changed over the years and become more advanced. Despite the difficult times that airlines experience, the company is trying to do their best to work with employees."

Senior Specialist
in Tempe, AZ

"I been working with American Airlines for five years plus. I was able to learn the airline industry as well as how the history of a ticket develops. I was able to apply accounting principles with the help of a well-known system called IBM. In addition, I was required to assist in side projects along with my daily job task. Which encourage me to continue my learning as well as working in this amazing company."

Senior Engineer
in Tulsa, OK

"AA is a excellent company to work for because they have many opportunities and many great co-workers. They work to help you reach your career goals."

Senior Business Analyst
in Fort Worth, TX

"I worked at American Airlines, Business Analytics division, I was the the liaison between the developers and the business clients. Collaborated with technical teams and developers. I worked very close with the business product owner who owned the system called AirPortal. In addition, I managed seven IT vendors who support special needs travelers. My responsibility was to ensure the vendor's data was in our systems and in all environments. I handled all vendor related inquiries with the product owner. This gave me an opportunity to build good working relationships technical teams and the business clients. I was asked to lead various projects, wrote user stories and gathered requirements. I led all the implementations for the developers, which involved change management forms and management approvals. I was responsible for the change calls and leading during the implementations. I worked on reference data management systems, writing SQL queries and updated users for product owners."

American Airlines Employee

"I have signed a NDA and am not allowed to comment, however AA was a great company to work for, I really enjoyed it."

in Fort Worth, TX

"Great benefits, including travel benefits, health insurance, matched 401(k), discounts. Job can be stressful since have to work with the public, flights must depart on-time, have to follow all FAA policies and airline policies."

Supervisor
in Miami, FL

"I have worked for American Airlines for 17 years. Unfortunately due to the Covid Crisis many changes occurred. The company continues to support its current and released employees."

American Airlines Employee

"Great company to work for."

in Fort Worth, TX

"American Airlines offers a variety of very interesting jobs, and excellent tools to accomplish the work. The new HDQ is very worker friendly, encouraging collaboration to get better results."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Airline Pilot
in Fort Worth, TX

"I love being a pilot for American Airlines. Its absolutely my dream job and I've enjoyed the technical and social aspects of the job. It has taught me to be an avid problem solver and how to be a true professional."