On average, employees at Advance Auto Parts give their company a 3.8 rating out of 5.0 - which is equal to the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Advance Auto Parts employees are Senior Buyers submitting an average rating of 4.9 and Parts Specialists with a rating of 4.4.

(based on 113 Advance Auto Parts Review Ratings)
"I have been working for this company for four years. I've learned a lot about cars, which I didn't know zilch when I started. I recommend this job for someone in college looking for a part-time job."
Posted 5 years ago in Atlanta, GA
in Raleigh, NC

"Managers are always looking to bring in cutting edge technology and hire plus retain talent to be a leader in their industry."

Assistant Manager
in Ludington, MI

"Great place to work however advancement and raises are very hard to come by even with hard work."

Advance Auto Parts (175)

4.7 Highest Rated in this Industry is DEFENDER Direct (13)
1.8 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Hampton Forge (8)
in Roanoke, VA

"I have worked with Advance Auto for a short time but they do all they can to make their retail associates feel appreciated getting their tools and resources they need. I am happy to be part of that delivery system in the area of IT."

in Raleigh, NC

"AAP is 8th largest fleet in retailing the automotive parts in United States. Few of its subsidiaries are CARQUEST, Autopart International, and WorldPac."

Average Advance Auto Parts Ratings in the Past 4 Years

in Mount Pleasant, IA

"I used to love this company and as a mechanic would only shop at the Burlington, Iowa store for parts. They have an open door policy but if you use it you will be penalized. I have been here longer than anyone else in the store including the manager. Yet I make less than everyone else including new hires with no experience. My car broke down and I couldn't afford the parts at Advance even with my discount."

in Orlando, FL

"Store management is bad, constantly changing schedules daily, district manager does not care about employees, no organization."

in Temple, TX

"I started working at Advanced a few months ago, thinking, oh, I finally got away from the lazy redneck down the street. Well, the first week seemingly went okay, working along the guy who hired me, then he quits before he gets fired on that Thursday. As time went on, I was thinking week by week, that my full time hours will finally, then the new "micro manager", i.e., Mr. Perfect came in to be the boss. A boss really shouldn't be that busy. Bossy, always going by the book. Now, despite the fact I'm still working part time status, and "he doesn't have enough hours to go around", one Saturday he tells me to clock and go home, for I made a mistake. In doing a delivery... I have never ever been sent home for that. Next week, I I'm only up to twenty hours and I cannot take this place anymore!"

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Programmer

"I was doing WPF development for Advanced Auto Parts. When I started the position was over my head, however, I was chosen more on attitude and ability than experience. They supported me and allowed me to learn the technology."

Sales Manager

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
in Valley Stream, NY

"The company sucks and is very cheap. They don't want to give raises but promote you for a dollar more and give 10 times more responsibility. Also expect to have no life and constantly be in that store."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
in Kenton, OH

"I worked for Advance Auto Parts from June 2013 to Oct. 2014. I found the company vision to be very positive and in the right direction. But I found that the engagement by the district leader in my area to be a bit horrible. It would seem there is a miss between corporate, district level and ultimately the store level. DL's are more worried about who they perceive instead of the success of the areas of management."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
in Cheyenne, WY

"Good workplace and fun to be in."

in Ottawa, IL

"The company sees the employee as a number instead of an individual. If you do anything against company policy, they will terminate you even if it was beyond your control."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Advance Auto Parts Employee

"The company was once known for its great work atmosphere and employee independence. Now however it is on a slippery slope as it is currently outgrowing its infrastructure and being forced to outsource many contractors. Instead of focusing on improving its core systems, they are remaining antiquated while cutting edge sales tracking tools are being introduced which do little to serve the management down in the trenches. To stop competitive intrusion they flood the marketplace."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Advance Auto Parts Employee

"Not a lot to say about the company. I have not been with them for many years."