On average, employees at Advance Auto Parts give their company a 3.8 rating out of 5.0 - which is equal to the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Advance Auto Parts employees are Senior Buyers submitting an average rating of 4.9 and Parts Specialists with a rating of 4.4.

(based on 109 Advance Auto Parts Review Ratings)
"I have been working for this company for four years. I've learned a lot about cars, which I didn't know zilch when I started. I recommend this job for someone in college looking for a part-time job."
Posted 4 years ago in Atlanta, GA
in Mount Pleasant, IA

"I used to love this company and as a mechanic would only shop at the Burlington, Iowa store for parts. They have an open door policy but if you use it you will be penalized. I have been here longer than anyone else in the store including the manager. Yet I make less than everyone else including new hires with no experience. My car broke down and I couldn't afford the parts at Advance even with my discount."

in Orlando, FL

"Store management is bad, constantly changing schedules daily, district manager does not care about employees, no organization."

Advance Auto Parts (171)

4.7 Highest Rated in this Industry is DEFENDER Direct (13)
1.8 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Hampton Forge (8)
in Temple, TX

"I started working at Advanced a few months ago, thinking, oh, I finally got away from the lazy redneck down the street. Well, the first week seemingly went okay, working along the guy who hired me, then he quits before he gets fired on that Thursday. As time went on, I was thinking week by week, that my full time hours will finally, then the new "micro manager", i.e., Mr. Perfect came in to be the boss. A boss really shouldn't be that busy. Bossy, always going by the book. Now, despite the fact I'm still working part time status, and "he doesn't have enough hours to go around", one Saturday he tells me to clock and go home, for I made a mistake. In doing a delivery... I have never ever been sent home for that. Next week, I I'm only up to twenty hours and I cannot take this place anymore!"

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Programmer

"I was doing WPF development for Advanced Auto Parts. When I started the position was over my head, however, I was chosen more on attitude and ability than experience. They supported me and allowed me to learn the technology."

Average Advance Auto Parts Ratings in the Past 4 Years

Sales Manager

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
in Valley Stream, NY

"The company sucks and is very cheap. They don't want to give raises but promote you for a dollar more and give 10 times more responsibility. Also expect to have no life and constantly be in that store."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
in Kenton, OH

"I worked for Advance Auto Parts from June 2013 to Oct. 2014. I found the company vision to be very positive and in the right direction. But I found that the engagement by the district leader in my area to be a bit horrible. It would seem there is a miss between corporate, district level and ultimately the store level. DL's are more worried about who they perceive instead of the success of the areas of management."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
in Cheyenne, WY

"Good workplace and fun to be in."

in Ottawa, IL

"The company sees the employee as a number instead of an individual. If you do anything against company policy, they will terminate you even if it was beyond your control."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Advance Auto Parts Employee

"The company was once known for its great work atmosphere and employee independence. Now however it is on a slippery slope as it is currently outgrowing its infrastructure and being forced to outsource many contractors. Instead of focusing on improving its core systems, they are remaining antiquated while cutting edge sales tracking tools are being introduced which do little to serve the management down in the trenches. To stop competitive intrusion they flood the marketplace."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Advance Auto Parts Employee

"Not a lot to say about the company. I have not been with them for many years."

Advance Auto Parts Employee

"I've worked at Advance Auto Parts for 8 months. I feel that there is a miscommunication between the High Levels and the District Leader and General Managers. There is not real motivation for people to increase the sales and feel the company in their soul. In my personal case my supervisor doesn't really care about sales, he is more worried about inventory and preferences for women. He really has not a clue about what customer services means. And I believe that unfortunately this happens in several stores."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
General Manager
in Milwaukee, WI

"I have worked for Advance Auto Parts for 4.5 years and I have found this company to be very customer centric while taking great care of its employees. Company values of inspire, serve and grow govern day to day operations."

Person You Work For 3.7 / 5 People You Work With 3.7 / 5 Work Setting 3.7 / 5
Support You Get 3.7 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3.7 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3.7 / 5
in Fairfield, OH
Person You Work For 2.5 / 5 People You Work With 2.5 / 5 Work Setting 2.5 / 5
Support You Get 2.5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2.5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2.5 / 5
Customer Care Manager
in Campbell, CA

What do you like about working at Advance Auto Parts?

"Lots of room to manage my team and my day to day work."

"Be mindful of career growth opportunities. There is not a lot of room to grow no matter how hard you work."

What don't you like about working at Advance Auto Parts?

"It was difficult to progress in my department due to limited opportunities."

"I was extremely happy with my direct management team. I have no suggestions."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5