Career Menu

2,382 Account Manager Reviews

Submit a Review
"I loved every aspect and the training program was not only paid, but I was able to move up so fast. I had one-on-one training every day that targeted my individual strengths and weaknesses, which played a huge role and was essential in my advancement."
Posted 4 years ago in Massapequa, NY
Account Manager at McKesson
in Farmington, CT
Account Manager at Ally Financial
in Oklahoma City, OK

"Too much is required that is simply for show. Many tasks have little to no value for the company or the customer. Very monotonous and boring."

Account Manager at AT&T
in Jacksonville, FL

"Loved the face to face time with clients. Co workers were great."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Account Manager at Layne Christensen Co.
in Sacramento, CA

"I very much enjoy meeting new people and helping them. Contract negotiations and finding the terms for the SOW desired are but a few enjoyed activities. I very much like seeing the inception of a project and seeing it carried out to its completion."

Account Manager at Applied industrial Technologies
in Cleveland, OH

"No room for go getters. You will be shown the door. The branch managers are all in fear for their jobs. Success is treated as a disease, a cancer to be removed."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Account Manager at Balihoo
in Boise, ID

"I really enjoy the diversity of what being an Account Manager offers. There's really nothing that's the same in each day. I am incredibly fulfilled by helping clients and meeting their needs. I like the fact that I'm one of the best ways to make the company shine. I feel my job is very valuable."

Account Manager at Beyond Components
in Schaumburg, IL

"I love meeting new people in various industries learning about their crafts. I strive to offer problem solving solutions and be a resource for my clients. I get frustrated when I cannot be a resource due to i.e. no cross available or lead times won't work for production."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Account Manager at Grainger Industrial Supply
in West Sacramento, CA

"More play than work if you like: being challenged, enjoy resolving complex problems, enjoy working with others to accomplish goals, like presenting, educating others, continuously growing/learning, and want to live life free of financial burdens. Only cons: Minor corp politics can lead to variation in quality of leadership at the lower levels."

Account Manager at Powers Distributing
in Lake Orion, MI

"Love: Employees relish time together poking fun and speculating what upper management's next stunt is going to be.Hate: Morale, mentality, unrealistic goals, poor compensation, Pseudo incentives."

Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Account Manager at TI Telecomunicazioni & Informatica
in Rome, GA

"The thing I love the most is the responsibility to define and delivery the right solution and delivery plan to the customer, and all the processes involved in this task. I like to follow up and monitor them day by day. Another thing I love is the work with the project teams, to work with people and to interface them. Basically I don't think I hate something of my job: I like it very much. The only thing I hate is when your company doesn't allow to do your job in a proficient way."

Account Manager at Cross Co.
in Greensboro, NC

"I really enjoyed most aspects of my last job. The technical, customer interface, troubleshooting (advanced customer service) and variety of challenges all appealed to me. It was also nice having my compensation somewhat tied to my job performance, though I wish Cross had adopted the traditional salary + % gross sales vice their salary + sales goal model. I had the two (maybe three) best years the territory ever produced."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Account Manager at Comodo Group
in Clifton, NJ

"Love dealing with people. Not fond of having to meet goals without given any help or tools to achieve goals."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Account Manager at ADP
in Alpharetta, GA

"In my current role as an SCC III I enjoy the interaction with my clients, servicing and supporting them thru all phases of change within their business as it relates to Mergers, Acquisitions and Projects. It can be very challenging at times but I am a glass half full type of person so I only look at hurdles as an opportunity to learn something new and to push myself. Hate is a very strong word, there is nothing about my current role that I hate, there are only areas of opportunity."

Account Manager at Monster.com
in Indianapolis, IN

"I love the fast paced environment and the ability to talk to all various types of customers. I am a very competitive person so my dislikes would be not achieving monthly quota goals especially due to measures not within my reach."

Account Manager at Bloomberg

"Working with the different people is a real plus. There is really not much of anything to hate, unless you have a bogus product to be responsible for."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
You can cancel email alerts at any time.
Got it! Your job alert was created
Jobs You Might Like