(based on 11 84 Lumber Review Ratings)
in Jacksonville, FL

"Good company to work for however the pay is not that good unless you are a full commission salesmen. They will make you work 70+ hours as a manager then turn around and demote you for not doing enough to grow an area (even though I doubled sales in 1 year)"

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Harmans, MD

"Not the best place to work, not much room for advancement, pay sucks"

84 Lumber (19)

4.2 Highest Rated in this Industry is Danfoss (31)
2.9 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Orchard Supply Hardware (11)
in Harmans, MD

"Easy application process,"

in Eighty Four, PA

"I’ve worked at 84 for 2 summers and it was a fun experience"

in Greenville, SC

"Good Company with good benefits. A willingness to grow on the sales side will see you rewarded quickly. Don’t expect raises if you are a salaried employee."

in Indianapolis, IN

"The company is behind the times with how they operate and pay employees. Very reactive as a business instead of proactive and expect the lower level employees to compensate for lack of planning. Area manager have no experience running a store and it shows. They only demand results without a way to get there."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
in Charlotte, NC

"I worked for 84 lumber for over two years. I learned a lot not only in the construction industry but in the business management and proper work ethic. I’ve worked hard to be where I am, and 84 had a big role in that. From designing homes to reading blueprints, making and surpassing sales goals. I’m proud of what I’ve done at 84 and I thought it was time for a change of scenery and try and move up in the industry."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
84 Lumber Employee

"I've been working here for a few months and it's a nice environment where people help each other learn. It's a great place to expand your knowledge in building material. You have indepence to work at your own pace but have the help of co-workers just a phone call away. Even though you work independently in the field the whole team works as a unit. Great communication."

in Duncanville, TX

"84 lumber is not a bad place to work. It just needs good people who want to work and want to grow."

in Nashville, TN

"84 Lumber is a great place to work for!"

Export Sales Manager
in Miami, FL

"good but famuly own bussines"

What do you like about working at 84 Lumber?

"they give good support in sales, it is an easy environment"

"well, they need to have a good expertise in the building material field"

What don't you like about working at 84 Lumber?

"purchasing team is not reliable,prices they pay for material is very expensive"

"change the way the purchase material, try different people, most sources are very old"

84 Lumber Employee

"I did not feel valued by this employer."

Consultant

"This is the worst company I have EVER worked for. Manager Ramakhant Singh is awful. Would not answer questions. Poor training. Ineffective management."

What do you like about working at 84 Lumber?

"Nice buildings -- you can work anywhere you want in any building. Interview took less than 15 minutes."

"Avoid working here at all costs !!! If you're the type that needs to ask your boss questions, you might want to look elsewhere for work.Bring headphones because the manager will incessantly talk all day long ad-infinitum while you are trying to focus on work. Prepare to get dogged out on a daily basis in front of your peers. Do not be surprised if your supervisor is frequently unhappy with you -- this was the case for nearly all employees on a daily basis."

What don't you like about working at 84 Lumber?

"NONE of the SE PLANNERS had been there for more than 8 months -- ALL of them were looking for another job. Management was absolutely AWFUL -- Ramakhant Singh in particular will not answer questions, frequently demeans and admonishes employees whom are treated as if they were kids deserving of a spanking. Lacks good judgement and bearing -- not a good model of a manager.Other Project Managers (many) frequently admitted the SE PLANNER position was Too Hard, Too Harsh for people in the position. Too many projects are suddenly dumped on the individual with little or VERY poor training -- SE PLANNERS are ONLY trained in forms, not on process. They are thrown to the wolves immediately upon completion of a one week series of forms training get togethers with Indian trainers who mumble and get extremely upset when questions or if they have to repeat themselves. POOR, POOR, POOR RATING..."

"MANAGEMENT -- GET YOUR CRAP TOGETHER ! Fire some of the management! He actually got upset the first second we met, because I wanted to know what the project he was giving me was all about. He was TOTALLY unhelpful and demanded right from the start that his project be given instantaneous updates and be omni-important above all other projects. It was a thoroughly awful experience -- and I have done MANY project management efforts in the past 100% successfully."

Sales Contractor

What do you like about working at 84 Lumber?

"Not currently employed there."

What don't you like about working at 84 Lumber?

"It was a very political organization."

"Utilize the skills of your employees more effectively."

Driver