University of Phoenix
3.8 (128)
Industry: Colleges and Universities - HQ: Phoenix, AZ

University of Phoenix Enrollment Advisor Reviews

While the average rating for University of Phoenix is 3.8 out of 5.0, Enrollment Advisors at University of Phoenix give their company a 3.3, making them 14% less happy than every other employee at University of Phoenix and just as happy as every other Enrollment Advisor on CareerBliss - the happiest Enrollment Advisors work for Bridgepoint Education.

See all University of Phoenix reviews »
(based on 11 Enrollment Advisor Review Ratings)
University of Phoenix JobsView All »

12 Enrollment Advisor University of Phoenix Reviews and Ratings

Posted last year in Columbia, MD

"My experience was great since day one."

What do you like about working at University of Phoenix?

"I like the environment, management and benefits. I like the way employees are able to have a voice, be creative and to follow the vision of the company. I like the democratic management style because it allows employees to be creative and to make their own effective decisions."

"I would suggest to be highly-motivated, positive attitude, coachable, self-driven, high-organized and detailed oriented."

What don't you like about working at University of Phoenix?

"UOP is always working on ways to improve its business. They take advice from employees and its students in order to provide better service. UOP puts employees and students first in order to remain the preferred education institution."

"My suggestion for management is to continue to listen to employees, allow employees to give ideas and ways to improve. Continue to value the opinion of employees."

Way You Work 5 Rewards You Receive 5 People You Work With 5
Support You Get 5 Person You Work For 5 Work Setting 5
Growth Opportunities 4 Company Culture 5

Average Enrollment Advisor Ratings in the Past 2 Years

Posted last year in Phoenix, AZ

What do you like about working at University of Phoenix?

"There is no incentive to enroll students. People do just enough not to get fired. There is no room for growth."

"This is not a career of choice. This is a dead end job and do not think differently."

What don't you like about working at University of Phoenix?

"You will not be rewarded for your production. There is almost zero room for growth or a promotion. Morale is horrible and management is doing nothing to fix it. Upper management is hoping more people will quit."

"I would be honest with my communications to my employees. I would not tell them that we need to hold down salaries while I take a 20% raise."

Company Culture 1 Way You Work 4 Rewards You Receive 3
Support You Get 3 Work Setting 4 Growth Opportunities 1
People You Work With 4 Person You Work For 5

Average University of Phoenix Attributes by Enrollment Advisor

2.2
Posted this month in Phoenix, AZ

"5 years of hell. Do not recommend this company to others."

What do you like about working at University of Phoenix?

"I love the people that I worked with and the students that I got to enroll and build relationships with."

"Role play! Practice pretending that you are on a phone with a potential student. Go over you name and the agenda of what you do. Also, remember that this is a sales job even though you don't get commission for any of it. But it is a sales job."

What don't you like about working at University of Phoenix?

"Management had no idea on how to manage the new vision of the University of Phoenix, no room for growth, no promotional move, and leadership did not care about employees."

"Know what the true definition of what leadership is because people don't care what you know until you show that you care. That is the bottom line."

Rewards You Receive 4 Way You Work 1 Work Setting 1
Growth Opportunities 1 Support You Get 1 Company Culture 1
People You Work With 2 Person You Work For 2
Posted 2 years ago in Clearfield, UT

"Great organization with personal development opportunities."

What do you like about working at University of Phoenix?

"The control in improving my strategy in improving my service and value to my students."

"No, just do your best every day and know that you make a difference in the lives of people."

What don't you like about working at University of Phoenix?

"I would like more responsibility. Possibly help with projects with other departments."

"Continue to support your employees the best you can. Make sure enrollment continues to use the discovery optimally."

Growth Opportunities 4 Support You Get 5 Way You Work 5
Rewards You Receive 4 Work Setting 5 People You Work With 5
Company Culture 5 Person You Work For 5
Posted 2 years ago in Manassas, VA

What do you like about working at University of Phoenix?

"I love working with students, celebrating successes, and trouble-shooting problems. I like the semi-flexible schedule."

"Make sure you get in detail what the expectations are as far as performance. A lot of new employees are disenchanted when they get past training."

What don't you like about working at University of Phoenix?

"Every moment recorded, inconsistent expectations, late hours and weekends, long commute/no work from home option."

"The company needs to walk the talk more; often we hear about policies being implemented but then we see no progress on these initiatives. Also,lay-offs loom threateningly over our heads."

Growth Opportunities 1 People You Work With 3 Person You Work For 2
Work Setting 3 Support You Get 3 Company Culture 2
Rewards You Receive 4 Way You Work 1
Posted 2 years ago in Jersey City, NJ

What do you like about working at University of Phoenix?

"Relationship building with students and co-workers - flexible hours - can flex lunch."

"If you are overqualified, do not take this position. Dialing old leads in database is not fun. Have outbound call quota of 100 calls per day. Hard to make with dead numbers."

What don't you like about working at University of Phoenix?

"Micro-managing, no consistency, disorganized, no room for growth - performance based on factors outside of our control."

"Take leadership classes - communication classes - be clear with expectations and direction."

Support You Get 3 Way You Work 5 Person You Work For 5
Work Setting 5 Growth Opportunities 1 Rewards You Receive 2
People You Work With 5 Company Culture 2
Posted 2 years ago in Kansas City, MO

What do you like about working at University of Phoenix?

"Great company to work for and they give you all the tools you need to be successful. They also have great benefits."

"Great company to work for! Be willing to learn and embrace change."

What don't you like about working at University of Phoenix?

"How hard it is now to make more money within the company due to recent changes."

"Really don't have too many suggestions. Need to create more opportunity for others to move up."

People You Work With 5 Support You Get 5 Work Setting 4