(based on 15 ULTA Beauty Review Ratings)
2.7
2.6
Lead Cashier
Posted this week in Appleton, WI

"I have worked at Ulta for about 2 1/2 years. I have only gotten one raise since I have been here. It was not a whole lot either. My opinion of working at Ulta is in the middle. I love my coworkers and I love the flexibility with school. The downside is we don't get gratis anymore. Ulta banned it from our store. My manager is very unfair with the schedule. She has given people 7 weekends off in a row but if you ask off for one she will say you ask off too much. I also don't like that we get a raise when it's convenient for the company. I think you should get one when you hit your year marks. I also think the raises should be more than just 10 cents."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Senior Designer
Posted 3 months ago in Papillion, NE

"I worked for Ulta for 3 years almost, before they sat me in a hot little office and bullied me into signing a blank paper with my signature and admitting to something I didn't do. Then fired me for it the next day, all while telling me it was okay and that I wasn't going to be punished for it. I got great client guest surveys all the time. I was a very hard worker. The benefits and training were worth it to me. But how upper management treats you, not okay. They don't value their employees. When they don't want you there anymore, they will try tactics like the 2 on 1 in a hot office and tell you you can't leave till you sign it. I didn't think you'd ever have to think at any time you'd need an attorney while in a meeting with a boss. But boy was I wrong. I've never had an experience with an employer that makes me question their motives. As a stylist. I was over worked and pulled in many directions. Not to mention did 5 people's jobs all myself. For a company that says that they want to win together and empower women. They didn't in my case, want me to win or empower me. And they always let the guest get what they wanted if they complained enough. Meaning they would refund the guest and give them the money back when you as a stylist didn't formulate anything wrong and gave them the cut like the picture. They didn't have your back, and wouldn't even ask you what you did on the guest or if what they wanted was possible. And I did training and wasn't paid for it."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5

ULTA Beauty (20)

4.5 Highest Rated in this Industry is The Training Associates (13)
2.7 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Invacare Continuing Care (7)
Lead iOS Developer
Posted 6 months ago in Naperville, IL

"Working with Ulta since July 2014."

Posted last year in Rancho Mirage, CA

"I worked as a hair stylist to get through college and help support my family of five. ULTA can easily be compared to a sweat shop, but I'm fortunate for the time that I had there and the opportunities that I was provided with. Though the discount was meager, it was a plus to have the best beauty products at my disposal. They terminated my employment while I was in the hospital having a cesarean, citing that my disability was not approved. Greedy, nasty people."

Average ULTA Beauty Ratings in the Past 3 Years

2013 $1
Posted last year in Lubbock, TX

"Basically there's an issue with management, if you kiss the manager's butt she puts you on the favorite list and she'll make you a manager. It does not matter if you qualify, if you've been doing hair 7 years. If you're her friend and just got out of school, she'll make you a salon manager. I decided to leave after their poor choices and after working my butt off for them. I took 3 stylists and a brow girl with me. There is no growth, don't do it."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Cashier
Posted last year in Holly Springs, NC

"I've been working at this Ulta for a few months now and I absolutely love it, our team is full of wonderful and talented ladies who avoid any drama and work hard and they love what they do. I work hard and my managers see that and appreciate my hard work. Everyone is always positive and encourages one another. Even if you start out as just a cashier you have plenty of room to grow within the business. I always enjoy going into work. Love it. :) Best job ever."

Posted last year in Alpharetta, GA

"Worst job I've EVER had and I worked at McDonalds, if that says anything. I had no idea what my actual job was. I was being thrown on truck and register in the same day, but I was the only girl doing this. The two departments wouldn't even communicate so the truck people would have no idea why I left them right in the middle of doing something and was randomly on register. I also had no idea when I was to expect a paycheck or a new schedule, even after asking multiple times. So disappointing."

Associate Manager
Posted 2 years ago

"Demoralizing"

What do you like about working at ULTA Beauty?

"The discount and the end of my shift. Some of the store associates."

"Just don't do it. There are better careers. They make this job sound so great during the interview process but do not fall for it. Smoke and mirrors. Run for the hills! There are no suggestions just be the right person on the right day."

What don't you like about working at ULTA Beauty?

"Doesn't value their employees.The district Manager is a complete tyrant."

"Value your employees. If you preach customer service give us the tools to make it happen. Give us hours to service the guest. Keep our store stocked. Hire management more carefully, don't just go with the lowest bidder. Trust the people who've been with you and they will trust you."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Order Picker
Posted 2 years ago in Phoenix, AZ

"Good envirionment, fast paced"

What do you like about working at ULTA Beauty?

"Good work place, fast paced good communication with employees friendly people"

"Work hard do not miss any days of work and maybe you can get hired on"

What don't you like about working at ULTA Beauty?

"That I did not get hired on as a full time employee job was a seasonal job"

"The only management I came in contact with was my supervisor. He was very helpful"

Operations Manager
Posted 2 years ago in Queen Creek, AZ

What do you like about working at ULTA Beauty?

"making guests feel beautiful! its not high stress, best job I've ever had"

"be giddy cheerful and love beauty and people dress all in black business ware"

What don't you like about working at ULTA Beauty?

"micro managed to the max... watched constantly from lp lap tops etc"

"Be more forward and not so passive and sugar coated"

Materials Handler
Posted 3 years ago in Phoenix, AZ

"It was a good job until I got my degree now I want something better"

What do you like about working at ULTA Beauty?

"I like the shift I work on Overnite. I also enjoy the culture"

"have warehouse experience and they will hire you they have a high turnover rate"

What don't you like about working at ULTA Beauty?

"I dont like some of the supervisors and the way they go about getting things done"

"I wold tell them to come out and do some of the work then they wouldnt make some of the calls they do"

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Assistant Project Manager
Posted 3 years ago in Bolingbrook, IL

What do you like about working at ULTA Beauty?

"Kind -of work they do, salary, security and Job promotion"

"Is a good, diverse environment with a weak leadership which is changing."

What don't you like about working at ULTA Beauty?

"Teams should have been more understandable and dependent when delivering a project"

"Assign responsibilities to the teams and make them accountable for."

Project Manager
Support You Get 4.2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3.5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Sales Associate
Posted 4 years ago

What do you like about working at ULTA Beauty?

"Can use the testers, get free samples, product was fun. Discount was amazing but you can easily get into trouble that way."

"Wear make up, get a manicure, look fashionable. Be a girly girl even if you aren't."

What don't you like about working at ULTA Beauty?

"I only got 5 hours a week if I was lucky, had to wear makeup/no sneakers/all black even when doing the truck at 5 in the morning and leaving before the store opens. Lip gloss/lip stick must be applied as needed was in the handbook. Can't wear faded black. Strict uniform policy."

"Less employees so they can get more hours"

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 4.7 / 5 Work Setting 4.8 / 5
Support You Get 4.9 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3.9 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2.7 / 5