The Mergis Group
3.3 (8)
Industry: Employment Services - HQ: Mc Lean, VA

The Mergis Group Reviews

(based on 5 The Mergis Group Review Ratings)
Company Culture 3.4
Work Setting 3.5

8 The Mergis Group Company Reviews and Ratings

Accountant
Posted last year in Richmond, VA

"Do not go to them to help you find a job. They will not help you"

What do you like about working at The Mergis Group?

"I never worked for them. I never got the chance."

"Mergis Group is a scam and will NOT help youI contacted them and went in for an interview. At that time I explained that I was seeking to find a temp to perm job. The lady I interviewed with said thats what we do here1 week later I emailed her (and I have proof) to find out what 'my status' was. The next day she called me and asked me what my status was, was I ready to go out on opportunities and I said yes. And I again said I was looking for a position that would start out as a temporary job and go into a permanent position with the company I was temping with. She said 'we do not do permanent placements here' and I said 'well thats not what you told me a week ago. She said 6 times in a 10 minute conversation that they cannot guarantee that their clients would want me as a permanent employee' and in that same 10 minute conversation she said at least 5 times that they dont do temp to perm, that they do contract to hireThose are the exact same thing. She refused to acknowledge that.At this point I started to get suspiscious and felt that she was politely trying to say that 'they could not work with me' but she would never say those words. Instead she just kept harping on the fact that they do not do temp to perm and there are no guarantees. There are no guarantees in life period. Why was it necessary for her to say that to me 6 times in 10 minutesI feel discriminated against due to either my age and/or weight. Plain and simple. There can be no other explaination as to why she was 'changing her tune' so to speak after meeting me 1 week prior and telling me that they would be happy to work with me.Then I caught her in a lie to her boss. She told her boss that she was trying to contact me to help me with a potential job and the truth is I contacted her. I was checking my status after meeting her 1 week prior. Her boss even saw the email and my caller id that proved I was telling the truth and she was lying and he did nothing. Except to tell me that maybe we arent a good fitDo not go to the Mergis Group -- They will not help you"

What don't you like about working at The Mergis Group?

"Mergis Group is a scam and will NOT help youI contacted them and went in for an interview. At that time I explained that I was seeking to find a temp to perm job. The lady I interviewed with said thats what we do here1 week later I emailed her (and I have proof) to find out what 'my status' was. The next day she called me and asked me what my status was, was I ready to go out on opportunities and I said yes. And I again said I was looking for a position that would start out as a temporary job and go into a permanent position with the company I was temping with. She said 'we do not do permanent placements here' and I said 'well thats not what you told me a week ago. She said 6 times in a 10 minute conversation that they cannot guarantee that their clients would want me as a permanent employee' and in that same 10 minute conversation she said at least 5 times that they dont do temp to perm, that they do contract to hireThose are the exact same thing. She refused to acknowledge that.At this point I started to get suspiscious and felt that she was politely trying to say that 'they could not work with me' but she would never say those words. Instead she just kept harping on the fact that they do not do temp to perm and there are no guarantees. There are no guarantees in life period. Why was it necessary for her to say that to me 6 times in 10 minutesI feel discriminated against due to either my age and/or weight. Plain and simple. There can be no other explaination as to why she was 'changing her tune' so to speak after meeting me 1 week prior and telling me that they would be happy to work with me.Then I caught her in a lie to her boss. She told her boss that she was trying to contact me to help me with a potential job and the truth is I contacted her. I was checking my status after meeting her 1 week prior. Her boss even saw the email and my caller id that proved I was telling the truth and she was lying and he did nothing. Except to tell me that maybe we arent a good fitDO NOT GO TO MERGIS GROUP. THEY WILL NOT HELP YOU"

"Dont always assume YOUR EMPLOYEES are telling the truth because they lie too."

Growth Opportunities 1 / 5 Company Culture 1 / 5 Person You Work For 1 / 5
People You Work With 1 / 5 Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5
Work Setting 1 / 5 Way You Work 1 / 5

The Mergis Group (8)

4.6 Highest Rated in this Industry is CyberCoders (18)
3.0 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Cornerstone OnDemand (11)
Coordinator
Posted last year in Boca Raton, FL

What do you like about working at The Mergis Group?

"I really liked recruiting it was a challenging role in terms of postions that I recruited for"

"Be professional and meet as many people as you can"

What don't you like about working at The Mergis Group?

"I cant say anything bad about the company, the company is great."

"More meetings with hiring managers to learn more about positions being hired for."

Way You Work 4 / 5 Person You Work For 4 / 5 Support You Get 3 / 5

Support You Get 3 / 5 Company Culture 3.9 / 5 Person You Work For 4 / 5
Work Setting 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4.9 / 5
Director of Internal Auditing
Posted 2 years ago
Rewards You Receive 4.9 / 5 Person You Work For 4.9 / 5 People You Work With 4.9 / 5
Work Setting 4.8 / 5 Way You Work 4.8 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4.9 / 5
Mail Clerk
Posted 4 years ago in Maumee, OH

"Temporary/contract assignment"

What do you like about working at The Mergis Group?

"Good at matching skills of employees with positions available."

"It is a staffing agency, expect as much."

What don't you like about working at The Mergis Group?

"Assignments can end abruptly."

"Better forecasting of job assignment length."

Proposal Manager
Posted 4 years ago in Vienna, VA

"Great employer with a lot of potential."

What do you like about working at The Mergis Group?

"I liked the work, the compenation and the people I worked with at the company."

"Ask a lot of questions."

What don't you like about working at The Mergis Group?

"I don't have any complaints about the company."

"Keep doing what you are doing."

HR Generalist