Teach For America Reviews

(based on 6 Teach For America Review Ratings)
Company Culture 4.0

Teach For America Jobs

6 Teach For America Company Reviews and Ratings

Anonymous Employee
Posted 4 months ago in Memphis, TN

"For the past two years I have been a corps member with Teach for America. The experience has been challenging but has overall been good for my leadership development. I would only recommend the organization to those who truly have an interest in urban education."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 Way You Work 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Work Setting 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5
Math Educator
Posted last year

What do you like about working at Teach For America?

"Support from other teachers, network of motivated individuals, supportive managers."

"Ensure you're excited and motivated to help young people change their futures for the better."

What don't you like about working at Teach For America?

"I feel lost, as though there is a tremendous amount of pressure placed on me to help my students survive life. I recognize that it is important, but I am acting as a parent to many of them, and feel very overwhelmed."

"Lower demands, ensure that more employees feel valued, make it clear that taking time for oneself is necessary for survival."

Way You Work 2 / 5 Support You Get 3 / 5 Person You Work For 4 / 5
Work Setting 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5
Company Culture 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5

Teach For America (6)

4.1 Highest Rated in this Industry is Herzing University (9)
2.7 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Apex Learning (7)
3.3 Average of All Companies in this Industry (270)
World Geography Teacher
Posted 2 years ago

What do you like about working at Teach For America?

"The kind of work is extremely fullfilling and rewarding. There are numerous areas for growth with your students."

"No just be yourself. The work is rewarding and you must be willing to give it 100%."

What don't you like about working at Teach For America?

"There was a lack of technology and support from the administration. This is one of the areas that needs attention."

"More monitoring of the hallways and classrooms this will encourage students to be more alert and on task."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Company Culture 5 / 5
Growth Opportunities 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Way You Work 5 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Recruitment Manager
Posted 2 years ago in Pittsburgh, PA

What do you like about working at Teach For America?

"genuine passion of all employees; working towards a meaningful mission; focus on professional development of employees"

"Do your research nd make sure your core values are in line with those of the org. Be ready to work hard"

What don't you like about working at Teach For America?

"Since it is so focused on professional development/improvement of the employees, sometimes there are folks who are bad at their jobs but never get fired"

"would open up lines of communication/collaboration between different teams at the organization"

Way You Work 4 / 5 Company Culture 4 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Growth Opportunities 4 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Support You Get 3 / 5
Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Person You Work For 5 / 5
Yearbook Advisor
Posted 2 years ago in Kealakekua, HI

What do you like about working at Teach For America?

"I made a difference. I had a lot of responsibility. I found ways to be creative."

"You must believe in the cause and want to be an educator."

What don't you like about working at Teach For America?

"Many requirements. Challenges of working in a negative environment in some schools. High staff turnover."

"Demonstrate greater leadership. Gain better understanding of the regions I am responsible for. Develop stronger relationships."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Way You Work 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Person You Work For 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5
Company Culture 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5
Director of User Interface
Posted 2 years ago

What do you like about working at Teach For America?

"Brilliant, enthusiastic co-workers with positive, can-do attitudes. Open atmosphere and commitment to common goals."

"Do some research about TFA while applying for / before accepting the job. Generally, the interviewers try to play up the company values and culture, and knowing about 'Core Values' and other key factors about the organization is necessary during the interview process. Try to reach out to people who have worked at TFA to find out more about the real experience."

What don't you like about working at Teach For America?

"My boss is a bullying, condescending, micro-managing maniac who brown-noses senior colleagues while constantly putting down subordinates and refusing to take responsibility for her own mistakes and failures. Senior management refuses to take charge of the situation and insist on changes, hoping that the situation will resolve itself, which, of course, it doesn't. Numerous colleagues and myself are left demoralized in the oppressive atmosphere she creates and feel sabotages in our work efforts."

"Not everything at TFA is perfect, and certain internal issues need addressing a.s.a.p. Internal problems -- departments sabotaging each other, self-serving managers willing to sacrifice anyone else to get ahead -- will not magically solve themselves. A more critical and open-minded look at the organization's structure, its policies and values is needed."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Way You Work 1 / 5 Person You Work For 1 / 5